autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Polishing help

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Polishing help

I compounded my car and now I’m polishing it but patches of the polish seem to get left behind and aren’t wiping off. I don’t think it’s drying as I’m wiping it pretty quick. I’m using a da attached to my drill from meguiars. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polishing help

Are they being leftover after you thought you thoroughly wiped the panel clean only to glance at it a few seconds later to find these “patches” that were somehow left behind?

Or are these patches that you’ve made an effort to wipe off during your initial wiping of the panel that just don’t seem to want to successfully come off like the rest of the polish?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Are they being leftover after you thought you thoroughly wiped the panel clean only to glance at it a few seconds later to find these “patches” that were somehow left behind?

Or are these patches that you’ve made an effort to wipe off during your initial wiping of the panel that just don’t seem to want to successfully come off like the rest of the polish?
    The second option. I’m finding that hitting it with the polish pad again and quickly wiping it comes off.

It’s cool out and I’m in the shade so I don’t know why it’s drying so fast.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you using Ultimate Polish?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you using Ultimate Polish?
    Yes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dmtammaro View Post
    Yes

That’s Ultimate Polish for you... I’ve gone through the same exact difficulty with that polish a bunch of times. Some people say that you’re not working it long enough and that it needs to “flash”

I call BS on that. There’s no magical “flash” that happens, the fact is that polish has a mind of its own and they somehow managed to make what should be an easy to use OTC polish super finicky.

It’s big brother M205 is so much easier to use in every way. It’s like they should be in opposite bottles because the user experience is like night & day.

This 1 is fool proof.

7. Thanks Dmtammaro thanked for this post
    Likes Dmtammaro, PaulMys, tmdals0213, Goonie75 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

That’s Ultimate Polish for you... I’ve gone through the same exact difficulty with that polish a bunch of times. Some people say that you’re not working it long enough and that it needs to “flash”

I call BS on that. There’s no magical “flash” that happens, the fact is that polish has a mind of its own and they somehow managed to make what should be an easy to use OTC polish super finicky.

It’s big brother M205 is so much easier to use in every way. It’s like they should be in opposite bottles because the user experience is like night & day.

This 1 is fool proof.

Thanks. I’ll keep that in mind when this one runs out. I hate wasting product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dmtammaro View Post
    Thanks. I’ll keep that in mind when this one runs out. I hate wasting product.

I know what you mean, but you really should consider saving yourself the trouble and pick up some M205.

I actually bought a bottle of Ultimate Polish not too long ago because I needed some polish and I was out of M205. I figured what could go wrong I know what I’m doing.Polishing help+ I really like how Ultimate Polish smells.

1st panel in and that dang thing started happening. I had to put it away and finish the job with Griots Perfecting Cream which is far from what I expect a finishing polish to look like but I had no other choice. I haven’t used either of the 2 since. Lol.

10. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This 1 is fool proof.

I just picked up some M205 today. I’m excited to try it out since I’ve never used it before. What type of pad do you use with M205? I have Meguiar’s MF finishing and Foam polishing pads.

Post Thanks / Like

UP works, but it's a bear to remove.

205 will work with the same polishing pads you now have, but even better.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

13. Thanks Maxreed241 thanked for this post
    Likes Maxreed241, Eldorado2k liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast