autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Microfiber Opinions and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    Right now I am using the Eagle Edgeless 500 and Wolfgang Uber as a drying aid. I have washed them twice and used them twice and so far no issues. I will have to check for linting as they get more usage. I only bought a few and they were not very expensive. If they start giving me problems, I will demote them to the kitchen.
    Hey, UD........ No need to defend your purchases. If they are working for you, then great!

We all start somewhere, and learn along the way.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Thanks UncleDavy thanked for this post
    Likes UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Microfiber Opinions and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Hey, UD........ No need to defend your purchases. If they are working for you, then great!

We all start somewhere, and learn along the way.
    Definitely agree with this. Sometimes I worry people might take what I say as like.. argumentative, or interpret it some other way.

That’s never my intention.

I’m genuinely interested in where the discrepancy comes from. So much so that I’d honestly drive out somewhere, with my towels, to meet someone that has no issues with theirs.. just to see what we do differently. If anything. Or if it’s just my paint that doesn’t like the towels... or what.

I’m glad people can use the plush premium towels, because they feel really nice. I’m hoping I can find uses for them because my hands are pretty calloused from training.. so it’s nice to not get goosebumps when l grab a towel and feel it catch my palm.

I guess in a way I’m also glad I don’t experience any issues using the cheaper towels that I use.. just the way it goes, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber Opinions and Thoughts

TRC has become my go-to. I’m especially fond of their all purpose terry-weave MF towels lately. Cheap and do a great job. I also love the edgeless 300s as a general purpose or even glass towel. I picked up some ‘pearls’ as I have a coating job coming and wanted to try them. The weave doesn’t look much different than the cheapo harbor freight towels but I’m sure the quality is exponentially better.

I have a super plush towel that came in a sample box from carbon collective and I like it, but only for certain tasks.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Joe Catanzaro
    JCDetails (RI Based Mobile Detailer)
    http://jcdetails.com

Post Thanks / Like

Just the kind of thread I was hoping for because as I`m newish to this game I`ve just been researching what microfibers to go for.

Post Thanks / Like

I just received my first shipment of towels from TRC. I picked up the 16x16 Pluffle, Minx, Eagle 350, and for grins I grabbed a Eagle 600 towel. I haven't had a chance to use these new towels yet, but looking forward to see how they perform.
    I also have many of the AG towels in my arsenal, but some of my favorite towels are from PakShak. Has anyone here ever used those towels ???
    The go to towel for final wipe after buffing is their "Velvety Blue" towel. I'm not sure why they don't list it on the website, so you have to ask for it.
    The "Silver Surfer" is another great towel from PakShak for product removal.
    My two cents worth coming soon on TRC towels.......Red

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234