autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber Opinions and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Once you start buying by the case, you run out of space quickly. This wasn’t my initial plan to store my towels and pads but they were overflowing in my laundry room and my garage. Like I said, if there’s something you’ve been wanting to try, let me know. I may have it.
    My mind is officially blown. Please tell me you do this for a living and are not only a weekend warrior.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amalik View Post
    My mind is officially blown. Please tell me you do this for a living and are not only a weekend warrior.
    Don’t do it for a living. Just a handful of cars a month.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GEM65 View Post
    you're not alone,
    i do have that same user experience...
    their edgeless 365/300 is worth looking though
    Well at least I’m not some kind of anomaly, lol.

I have been interested in their edgeless 300/365. They seem like they’d perform like I’d want them to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes GEM65 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    Well at least I’m not some kind of anomaly, lol.

I have been interested in their edgeless 300/365. They seem like they’d perform like I’d want them to.

Edgeless 300 are nice for coating removal, polish removal and an overall general purpose towel. The 365's also work well for these things but I find them to be best for polish removal.

The old wizards which were around 360 (now known as the eagle edgeless 350) are much nicer than the eagle edgeless 450 (which are now 500).

The EE 450's would leave lint behind for me and they are much better for the multiple towel method when doing a rinseless wash. I disliked them for polish removal, coating removal and even using them with a drying aid. They lint more as they age. I only use them for rinseless and that has since changed since I changed my rinseless technique.

The minx is one of the towels I disliked the most. I only purchased one and it did not excel in anything I used it for (ie drying aid, drying left over water). Will not be purchasing any more.

Definitely give the edgeless 300, edgeless 365 and the EE 350. I need to pick up the new EE 350 and compare it to the wizard to see if they are identical and still perform good.

6. Thanks Finick, Kneel thanked for this post
    Likes Finick, TMQ, GEM65 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    thnip
    It's funny, when I bought my EE and minx, I saw the EE 350 in stock, I just didn't grab one to try. I wish I had. 300-350 really is the perfect weight for a towel, imo anyway.

That's super disappointing lol, I was hoping after 1 or 2 more washes they might come into their own, but perhaps not. I'm still trying to find that perfect use for them.

I'll probably pick up a couple edgless 300/365 and see what's up, thanks for the insights though.

8. Thanks 613carguy thanked for this post
    Likes GEM65 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Nice!! Man, you shoulda hit me up. I’m just across the bridge and have a few towels myself. This is what I had to do to get mine all in one localized place.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I live in a house w/ no basement, but a fair amount of attic and garage space. I buy those clear containers by the dozen. You can stack them to the ceiling, see what's in them - simply a very efficient way to store things.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    It's funny, when I bought my EE and minx, I saw the EE 350 in stock, I just didn't grab one to try. I wish I had. 300-350 really is the perfect weight for a towel, imo anyway.

That's super disappointing lol, I was hoping after 1 or 2 more washes they might come into their own, but perhaps not. I'm still trying to find that perfect use for them.

I'll probably pick up a couple edgless 300/365 and see what's up, thanks for the insights though.
    Once thing to beware of. Some towels exaggerate their GSM. Their 16x16 might be 15x15 or 15.5x15.5. It makes a difference, actually in their favor but they are giving you towels smaller than they claim. We have a kitchen scale that reads grams.

There are a few online calculators out there. Most are associated with competing sites so I won't post them. Here is one that is not competing with AGO: Gr/m2 (GSM) Calculator - Wrap you in love

For instance, my Costco towels are about 39cm by 39cm (enter .39 meters) and weigh about 56 grams.

GSM calculates to 361.60420775805386gr/m², about 360GSM.

Have fun with this and keep your MF vendor honest!

11. Thanks Finick thanked for this post
    Likes Finick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    Thnip
    I JUST found that website this morning lol, it’s pretty neat. Thanks for the heads up.

I’m honestly not super picky if we’re being honest.. I think I’d be satisfied so long as the towels are reasonably within their claims.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with The Guz re the 365 towels. Have been using them a lot over the past few months. They really do well at almost everything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Edgeless 300 are nice for coating removal, polish removal and an overall general purpose towel. The 365's also work well for these things but I find them to be best for polish removal.

The old wizards which were around 360 (now known as the eagle edgeless 350) are much nicer than the eagle edgeless 450 (which are now 500).

The EE 450's would leave lint behind for me and they are much better for the multiple towel method when doing a rinseless wash. I disliked them for polish removal, coating removal and even using them with a drying aid. They lint more as they age. I only use them for rinseless and that has since changed since I changed my rinseless technique.

The minx is one of the towels I disliked the most. I only purchased one and it did not excel in anything I used it for (ie drying aid, drying left over water). Will not be purchasing any more.

Definitely give the edgeless 300, edgeless 365 and the EE 350. I need to pick up the new EE 350 and compare it to the wizard to see if they are identical and still perform good.
    Right now I am using the Eagle Edgeless 500 and Wolfgang Uber as a drying aid. I have washed them twice and used them twice and so far no issues. I will have to check for linting as they get more usage. I only bought a few and they were not very expensive. If they start giving me problems, I will demote them to the kitchen.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast