autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What clay bar should I get?

Hey I was just curious I need a new clay bar type of set and was wondering if the Mothers or Meguiar's kit were good enough? Looking on the store from the pro brands you have all these different grades of clay so I'm kind of wondering. I will be using a fallout remover first (Sonax) so I suppose a "OTC" kit will be fine after?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What clay bar should I get?

I’ve always liked the clay in the Meguiars kit. It’s certainly good enough.

3. Likes TheMidnightNarwhal, Sicoupe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just noticed you’re getting rid of a CG claybar? Why not just keep it and use it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I just noticed you’re getting rid of a CG claybar? Why not just keep it and use it?
    Ehh, I wanted to sell everything in a kit so I just put everything CG for sale.

I had my mom buy a Meguiar's clay kit about a year ago so it's probably at her house still. I've used it once so there should be detailer left, if not soapy water should do the trick right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
    Ehh, I wanted to sell everything in a kit so I just put everything CG for sale.

I had my mom buy a Meguiar's clay kit about a year ago so it's probably at her house still. I've used it once so there should be detailer left, if not soapy water should do the trick right?
    Yea alot of people substitute soapy water.. If you have any rinseless wash concentrate it works even better.

Post Thanks / Like

I've always been happy with the Meguiars clay kit. The QD spray you get with it is still one of my favorites and I use it all the time.

I use soapy wash water when claying a vehicle and it works just fine and found it to actually works better than a QD spray.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

If you want one of the best clay lubes on the market it's dodo juice born to be slippy concentrate.

Dodo Juice Born Slippy Clay Lubricant Concentrate, born slippy clay lube, detailing clay lubricant, clay lube concentrate

If the paint don't have alot of contaminants on it and you want to clay with a minimal risk to get clay marring. The Sonüs SFX ultra fine detailing clay is a great choice.

Sonus SFX Ultra-Fine Detailing Clay, clay bars, auto clay, paint cleaning bar

If you have alot of contaminants on the paint and need a more aggressive clay bar Meguiars C2100 and 3M perfect it clay bars are great. Here with this the dodo juice born to be slippy concentrate really gets to work.

Meguiars Professional Detailing Clay Aggressive - C2100

3M Perfect-It III Cleaner Clay, 3m 38070, a paint-cleaning detailing clay that grabs foreign particles as it glides across the paint.

Then you have the clay alternatives too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I've always been happy with the Meguiars clay kit. The QD spray you get with it is still one of my favorites and I use it all the time.

I use soapy wash water when claying a vehicle and it works just fine and found it to actually works better than a QD spray.
    What is your soapy water mixture? Car wash soap or dish soap? And how much?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    If you want one of the best clay lubes on the market it's dodo juice born to be slippy concentrate.

Dodo Juice Born Slippy Clay Lubricant Concentrate, born slippy clay lube, detailing clay lubricant, clay lube concentrate

If the paint don't have alot of contaminants on it and you want to clay with a minimal risk to get clay marring. The Sonüs SFX ultra fine detailing clay is a great choice.

Sonus SFX Ultra-Fine Detailing Clay, clay bars, auto clay, paint cleaning bar

If you have alot of contaminants on the paint and need a more aggressive clay bar Meguiars C2100 and 3M perfect it clay bars are great. Here with this the dodo juice born to be slippy concentrate really gets to work.

Meguiars Professional Detailing Clay Aggressive - C2100

3M Perfect-It III Cleaner Clay, 3m 38070, a paint-cleaning detailing clay that grabs foreign particles as it glides across the paint.

Then you have the clay alternatives too.
    Should I even worry about clay marring if I'm going to polish or compound after? Clay marring means swirling right?

Post Thanks / Like

dont worry about the marring..since you are polishing after..just try with least aggressive method first meaning pads and polish..
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Ran

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast