autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

One product, complete interior clean - APC?

I'd like to get your opinions on using an APC to clean interiors. Vinyl, leather, plastic, upholstery, carpets, rubber, basically everything except the glass. Is it possible to use different dilutions of an APC to clean everything? I've read a bunch of threads that have differing advice. Some say it's fine on most surfaces, some say APC has no place in the interior.

I'm thinking 1:5 for dirty carpets and mats, 1:10 for plastic and rubber, 1:20 for leather and light maintenance everywhere.

I'm looking to maintain a 2013 BMW that I just bought (not too dirty) and deep clean then maintain the family van (kids are pigs).

Thoughts?

Graham

Post Thanks / Like

Re: One product, complete interior clean - APC?

I mean you can,
    I personally don't, Cloth is suppose to be left in a PH balanced state. Using APC will leave it in an alkaline state, making cloth suspectible to resoiling.

APC on leather.. kondof same thing

Leather is suppose to be in a slightly acid state, using APC raises the PH level higher.

Mckee37 fast interior detailer will be perfect for maintenance or light clean up.

Ultima shampoo gel will work for heavier clean up

If you have stains carpro inside works well ..but meguiars pro fiber rinse and protein remover is a combo you can't beat for stains

3. Likes custmsprty, JKDesign liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike nailed it. And trust me, I've been selling maintenance / jan san supplies since 1991, I've forgotten more about cleaning supplies than I'll ever want to know LOL. If choosing one product it would need to be a nuetral cleaner (ph nuetral).
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

5. Likes Dan Tran, PaulMys liked this post
    Dislikes Sponge disliked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, so I'll need a dedicated leather cleaner to deep clean the leather seats. I'll probably just use a damp mf towel for now since the seats are pretty clean and only see light use.

Would a dedicated cloth shampoo be good for carpets and cloth seats?

Could I still use an APC on plastic and rubber trim?

Graham

Post Thanks / Like

Carpro inside works on leather and cloth

But McKee has nice leather products too

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite leather products are Sonax. I use them on my Allen Edmonds too LOL. I have a pair of nice AE shoes that are good for work because they have work soles, but it's not polished leather. I tried the Sonax Lehter Foam on them, I didn't want any cream type product as they would soak too much up. This stuff works awesome. It's my go to leather cleaner these days. I spray it on a blue mf pad and apply it that way. It cleaned 3 years of gunk off of my Rogue's leather steering wheel like a charm.

SONAX Leather Foam Leather Cleaner & Conditioner, Sonax leather cleaner conditioner, sonax leather care
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

9. Likes Paul A., BadgerRivFan, JKDesign liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So based on the feedback then, are there no pH-neutral APC's?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amalik View Post
    So based on the feedback then, are there no pH-neutral APC's?
    There a plenty of them out there, but since sds sheets aren't posted on products sold by AG it makes it a challenge to figure it out.

You will need to have more than one product, no one product will do it all.

Always do a test spot first. I like to think I know what I'm doing and I screwed up my wifes Sonata door panel. I used to "hot" of an apc and it lightened up the grey plastic. Fortunately for me I made the dealership replace it since they scratced it up, Now that's another story LOL. But had that been a customers car I would have been on the hook for it.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

12. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One product, complete interior clean - APC?

Quote Originally Posted by 613carguy View Post
    I'd like to get your opinions on using an APC to clean interiors. Vinyl, leather, plastic, upholstery, carpets, rubber, basically everything except the glass. Is it possible to use different dilutions of an APC to clean everything?
    In my opinion and experience yes it is when using Meguiars D101 APC Concentrate @10:1. I never dilute it any stonger than that mostly because it can handle just about anything you throw at it at that dilution [certainly everything you listed no problem]

Everything except glass, you’ve got the right idea.One product, complete interior clean - APC? [and it’s not that it can’t do a decent job on glass, it’s just that glass cleaner finishes perfect]

Carpets, upholstery, leather, I’ve never not once seen a negative effect actually happen in real life.

14. Likes Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use ONR solution for all things interior except carpets. I use the Gary Dean method of washing my car. I take a couple of the clean ONR-soaked MFs and wipe the interior down. It's quick, I like how the surface looks (not shiny) and it smells pleasant enough. This includes my leather seats, since I think they are vinyl coated and I see no evidence of anything being absorbed into them. I don't like the smell of APCs and if you're interior is relatively well kept, I don't think you need that powerful of a cleaner. However, I do get the need for an APC if you're dealing with a soiled neglected interior.

16. Likes Maxreed241 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast