autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First time Cquartz UK application. Feeling sticky

Ok an update. I did my cars' roof. It took me 4 hours to complete. But the shine is looking just like mirror. I washed the car. When I closely inspected the roof, it was very hazy. In 7 years its the first time I polished the roof. ��

Used Meg UC then washed. Applied Essence. And finally coated. All looks fine But I have a question. I took a video yesterday when I did the fuel lid. Whats this oil like residue? This video i took after applying CQUK.

YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

After you polished with essence did you let it sit for 4 hours after wiped off? Or did you use a panel wipe product like carpro eraser if not letting it sit? What where you useing when washing between the Megs UC and essence? Here I would recommend to use eraser to get some of the polishing oils away. The rest is essence taking care of if you let it evaporate after wipe off for 4 hours and then apply the coating.

Post Thanks / Like

I never read about it. I applied after wiping the essence. At the moment the roof looks good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SArao View Post
    Ok an update. I did my cars' roof. It took me 4 hours to complete. But the shine is looking just like mirror. I washed the car. When I closely inspected the roof, it was very hazy. In 7 years its the first time I polished the roof. ��

Used Meg UC then washed. Applied Essence. And finally coated. All looks fine But I have a question. I took a video yesterday when I did the fuel lid. Whats this oil like residue? This video i took after applying CQUK.

YouTube
    That's exactly what Duragloss 111 is like when I put it on too thick, and cool temps (40's F), and on a black metallic car like that. Looks like a coat of oil.
    If I let it sit for a while, then come back to it with a clean microfiber, it wipes off clean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SArao View Post
    I never read about it. I applied after wiping the essence. At the moment the roof looks good.
    You could have a bonding problem due to go straight to coating. Depending what you used to wash with between UC and the essence it could helped and it could worsen the bonding. It's important to follow instructions when applying coatings as they need a clean surface to bond properly to. That's why you have the eraser or another panel wipe product or ipa to get it completly clean. Essence has sio2 in it and other chemicals that lets cquarts coatings to bond harder to extend the longevity of it.

What you see in the video is proberly the polishing oils that did not evaporate.

Do you polish with a polisher?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12