autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Tires turning brown

Went to use Bleach White on my tires to eliminate browning. When reading the instructions it said. Do not get any on your wheels. My wheels are painted ceramic coated.
    So now. What is my option to remove browning, as Bleach White seams too strong for my ceramic coated wheels?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tires turning brown

My 2 cents... most of the problem is probably using strong acidic cleaners on the tires all of the time. Tires have carbon black added to them to help protect against the elements. When this is stripped away, tires oxidize faster and this turns them brown. My recommendation would be to use a mild cleaner, even just car soap and then a good water based protectant.

Post Thanks / Like

Try using Tuff Shine Tire cleaner to get the browning out. It may take a few applications. Are these new tires? If so, run them for a month before cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes new.. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I have found the best thing that gets rid of the brown permanently is stoners Tarminator … It was recommended to me by the tech desk at armor all, believe it or not. It may take two applications, but it works.
    Glen -

6. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Luket View Post
    Went to use Bleach White on my tires to eliminate browning. When reading the instructions it said. Do not get any on your wheels. My wheels are painted ceramic coated.
    So now. What is my option to remove browning, as Bleach White seams too strong for my ceramic coated wheels?
    You were already provided a lot of good suggestions for tire cleaners in your other thread HERE where you also talked about "browning tires" (granted it was for a different reason). Doesn't matter though, a browning tire is a browning tire.

My recommendation from your other thread still stands: Turtle Wax Hyper Foam Wheel and Tire Cleaner. Buy it from AG or run to your local Walmart or AP store and buy a bottle right now and give it a shot for yourself. Clean the tires multiple times until foam is white. Then you'll know its clean.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve read some places things as strong as tarminator can harm the carbon black and other chemicals in the tires. Not sure how true it is but I choose to use dedicated tire products.

The TW product is cheap and gets great reviews but seems like you have to use a lot more product.

TufShine is a solid product and I bought a gallon but if I am going to get a tire “coating clean” my go to is 303T&R.

TufShine cleans as well but in my testing (cleaning F&R tires on each side with each product) i needed one extra round to get tires foaming white

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I’ve read some places things as strong as tarminator can harm the carbon black and other chemicals in the tires. Not sure how true it is but I choose to use dedicated tire products.

The TW product is cheap and gets great reviews but seems like you have to use a lot more product.

TufShine is a solid product and I bought a gallon but if I am going to get a tire “coating clean” my go to is 303T&R.

TufShine cleans as well but in my testing (cleaning F&R tires on each side with each product) i needed one extra round to get tires foaming white

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wish we could get TufShine here in Australia, I keep seeing it get recommended and it has me interested.

As for Tarminator, I think it's a product you would only use one or twice over the life the tire. I really like its ability to prep a tire for dressing, but it's a product I would not be using on a regular basis.

10. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When I spoke to armor all, they said they use Terminator several times a year on tires with no problem. Obviously it’s not a weekly product or even a monthly product, but if you have a brown situation, you can eliminate it.. The guy at Armour was very truthful, when I asked him why he recommended it over any of their products, he just said it worked better.
    Glen -

12. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i have used bleach white for over 20 years and have never had an issue as long as you follow some basics. Wet tires, spray bleach white, agitate with soft brush, tire and rim, DO NOT LET DRY, rinse well. have used on all kinds of tires and rims and never had an issue. good luck

14. Likes DetailKitty liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast