autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

PBL Synergy topped with CarPro Reload? Something else?

Hello, this is my first new post, but I've been researching and replying for awhile. I love reading the thoughts, opinions and expertise of the members here, as well as on the sister site!

I'm not sure when, but at some point I'm going to try out my tin of Pinnacle Black Label Synergy on my wife's car (Black 2016 Audi Q5). I'm going for the crisp, glass look and protection that I've seen Synergy provides, based on other member's posts; and I'm not ready to venture into the world of coatings since I love changing my LSPs and only have two cars in the household. Does anyone know if CarPro Reload would be a good topper for when I want an occasional boost to make the paint look even more glassy? Would they play together OK? In general, would silica sealants such as Reload be the same "type" of protection as the "nano-glass" Synergy ingredients (or maybe nano-glass and silica are one in the same)?

I will also be playing around with things like PA High Gloss and possibly Gold Zircon, but I'm inquiring about Reload because I would want a basic maintenance topper to keep it looking and acting coating-ish, rather than the normal other toppers (carnaubas and sealants) that will greatly change the beading and appearance aspects of Synergy. I'm also aware of PBL Coating Booster, but I've never heard this recommended for topping on Synergy, it seems like more dedicated for real coatings. I thought of Reload because I've read on here that Essence topped with Synergy can work well, and it got me thinking if Reload would also play well with Synergy, on top. In the future I may get Essence, but for the time being I'm going to try Synergy as the base coat.

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated, or other suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PBL Synergy topped with CarPro Reload? Something else?

I have Synergy on a 23 year old red Silverado and don't use anything except PBL coating shampoo.
    After about 6 months I apply 2 more coats of Synergy.
    This stuff is tough!

Post Thanks / Like

Does it maintain the original shine and luster? I figured that’s why I would want the maintenance topper/refresher.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it does but I don't let it get very dirty.
    I start all over every spring from scratch on all my cars.
    I mix and match products on my other cars but I'm hesitant to do that over Synergy.
    I have put High Gloss over Blackfire Ivory and it worked great!

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

If you want longevity with PA products you need to start with their base products. The sprays are great but the base products are where it's at. Then top them with the sprays and stay within the family of products.

Carnubaflocken Centurion and topped later on with Black Wulfenite, Bullet Proof too.

PBL Synergy topped with CarPro Reload?  Something else?-pacf3-jpg

PBL Synergy topped with CarPro Reload?  Something else?-wulfy2-jpg

PBL Synergy topped with CarPro Reload?  Something else?-pacflocken-jpg
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

6. Likes BadgerRivFan, Sicoupe, ronkh57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree! I have Viking Coat on 2 cars and use several PA sprays.
    On my truck it is all PBL products.
    I experiment on my motorcycles.

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app

8. Likes custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So, any opinions on using a silica spray on Synergy? I don’t know enough chemistry to know if partial nano-glass “wax” in Synergy would play nice with silica spray toppers.

Post Thanks / Like

I would think that using a silica spray sealant on top of Synergy would be fine.

I’d maybe suggest mixing up a bottle of ECH2O and adding in a few ounces of Reload or Cure. This should work well as a maintenance product for Synergy...
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

11. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I could use the the 1.5oz Ech2o + 2oz Reload + distilled water approach for drying aid/qd, but was assuming Reload alone would beef up protection and potentially extend longevity as the sacrificial coat... even if Synergy doesn’t need it. I guess the mix might be sufficient enough anyways though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scanlon82 View Post
    Hello, this is my first new post, but I've been researching and replying for awhile. I love reading the thoughts, opinions and expertise of the members here, as well as on the sister site!

I'm not sure when, but at some point I'm going to try out my tin of Pinnacle Black Label Synergy on my wife's car (Black 2016 Audi Q5). I'm going for the crisp, glass look and protection that I've seen Synergy provides, based on other member's posts; and I'm not ready to venture into the world of coatings since I love changing my LSPs and only have two cars in the household. Does anyone know if CarPro Reload would be a good topper for when I want an occasional boost to make the paint look even more glassy? Would they play together OK? In general, would silica sealants such as Reload be the same "type" of protection as the "nano-glass" Synergy ingredients (or maybe nano-glass and silica are one in the same)?

I will also be playing around with things like PA High Gloss and possibly Gold Zircon, but I'm inquiring about Reload because I would want a basic maintenance topper to keep it looking and acting coating-ish, rather than the normal other toppers (carnaubas and sealants) that will greatly change the beading and appearance aspects of Synergy. I'm also aware of PBL Coating Booster, but I've never heard this recommended for topping on Synergy, it seems like more dedicated for real coatings. I thought of Reload because I've read on here that Essence topped with Synergy can work well, and it got me thinking if Reload would also play well with Synergy, on top. In the future I may get Essence, but for the time being I'm going to try Synergy as the base coat.

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated, or other suggestions. Thanks in advance!
    It would work provided you give it plenty of cure time.

Some tips for applying synergy I've used it many times.

You need to apply it to a clean surface. I can't stress this enough. It has to be as clean as if you were applying a coating. That means decon clay polish remove ALL trace of polishing oils.

If I was you and was going to apply it to my car I'd use menzerna 3500 or 3800 depending on condition of paint. Then eraser 2-3 times. Or even better Gtech panel wipe.

Either that or Essence if the car is already in good shape? But I would still use eraser at least 1x even with the essence.

Then apply 1 coat thin thin thin. Buff off after each panel. Give it a few hours cure time at least. The more the better. I would wait a week.

Inspect the paint under a strong led light from diffrent angles and in diffrent spots. If you like what you see and feel all excess product has been removed only then do a 2nd coat.

14. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast