autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

How much CFM recommended to blow dry tight spots and possibly the whole car?

I don't have compressed air so I figured I would maybe get a shop vac with a good CFM and that could do the trick for some certain areas to blow dry.

So I was wondering how much CFM should I aim for?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How much CFM recommended to blow dry tight spots and possibly the whole car?

I have a cordless Makita that gets about 90% of water out of tight spots easily. It’s 91 cfm and very lightweight and very small. 1 battery gets me through about 2-3 cars on highest setting. The problem I always encounter is that somedays you can’t always blow air into even the tightest spots. For example I’ll blow dry the water around the mirrors and water +gravity from the weather striping will always work it’s way down and you’ll end up with 1 drip about 5-10 mins later. At that point it’s more about technique rather than cfm. But the little blower is great has a full rubber tip so you won’t scratch the paint as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How much CFM recommended to blow dry tight spots and possibly the whole car?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
    I don't have compressed air so I figured I would maybe get a shop vac with a good CFM and that could do the trick for some certain areas to blow dry.

So I was wondering how much CFM should I aim for?
    I've been thinking about the same thing! I want a shop vac and I've been wanting to get a leaf blower to dry the car and Ridgid makes a vacuum that they advertise as having a detachable leaf blower too. People say it's not strong enough as a leaf blower but I've been wondering if it's strong enough to dry my car with.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Scott at Dallas Paint Correction loves that Worx unit. It has 600 CFM and it's like $50.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Breese147 View Post
    I have a cordless Makita that gets about 90% of water out of tight spots easily. It’s 91 cfm and very lightweight and very small. 1 battery gets me through about 2-3 cars on highest setting. The problem I always encounter is that somedays you can’t always blow air into even the tightest spots. For example I’ll blow dry the water around the mirrors and water +gravity from the weather striping will always work it’s way down and you’ll end up with 1 drip about 5-10 mins later. At that point it’s more about technique rather than cfm. But the little blower is great has a full rubber tip so you won’t scratch the paint as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Nice. I got a Milwaukee one but it seems weak and the specs are only 40 CFM. I will probably try to sell it ans get another one.