autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone watch youtube detailers?

Favorites are probably Pan the Organizer and Car Cleaning Guru.
    2006 Mitsubishi Evo IX GSR |Tarmac Black
    2010 Infinti G37x Sedan | Obsidian Black

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of Youtubers, is this Jim Wight in this photo in Mike Phillip's book (page 88)?

Anyone watch youtube detailers?-isthatjim-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I watch a few and there’s a few I can’t seem to get away from no matter how many times I block their content.

I like all of these YouTube channels because they truly seem genuine, offer real honest content and not a lot of garbage about how special, “organized” and “obsessed” they are and won’t speak badly of the ones I don’t. Because of that I want them to be successful with not only their business, but YouTube.

Jimbo with Auto Detailing Podcast-found him years ago when he really was just a podcast and always enjoyed hearing different perspectives on detailing and business tips.

Oscar with DetailGroove-offers a lot of business tips, marketing, selling yourself and some how to’s. Really nice to watch his stuff and get a refresher on things sometimes.

Jim White, White Details-great vlogs and a peak inside of IMO one of the best detail shops! Get to see him work and really get an understanding of his procedures and workflow.

Car Cleaning Guru-good enjoyable detailing content, doesn’t offer much in the way of learning though.

Luke Wilson, Wilson Auto Detailing-can’t say his newest videos are the reasons I follow him, some are better than others, but he’s put out great content in the past, works hard and as far as I can tell always has. I know I may catch flak for this in today’s day but whatever, he’s a young man who follows God, isn’t afraid to mention that either and is passionate about helping others. As somebody 10 years older than him, he does inspire me.

Brian at Apex-content every day, something for everybody!

Ammo-not my favorite but I’m subscribed

Scott with DPCandLM-not my favorite, not subscribed but he comes out with something every once in a while to challenge the status quo and make people think a bit, I’m ok with that.
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed DPC doesn’t make videos now as often as he used to.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sandro2304 View Post
    You are right, I forgot about Jimbo and his Cheap vs. expensive videos... I watch a lot of those too. The first video I saw from him was comparing AMMO Skin vs. the CG. Butter wax and how he got battered for it in the comments. Larry has some serious followers.

I hear you about Brian from Apex. You can clearly tell he is not doing this for money and wants to help people out. Honestly, if I lived in his area, I would take my car to his shop.

For me, the biggest turn off on a youtuber is the minute I sense they are more focused on trying to make money of me than putting good content. For example, the review videos I hate the most are the ones with a dude reading me the label of the product, then showing himself using it, and then saying "It is good because I say so, click the link below so I can get some money from Amazon".

Never of Junkman2000, I will look him up. I learned a lot from Larry (AMMONYC). For me he does a great job at walking the fine line of not pushing his products too much to be annoying and putting good content.
    Forgot about the Junkman..is he still making vids?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678