autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Disappointing getting shipped old stock

After reading a great review on the new McKee’s headlight protectant I scurried on over to AG to order a bottle, I’ve two cars with headlights the yellow quickly even after using the Wolfgang sealer.
    How long should I wait before a new product actually starts shipping after its reviewed here? $47 plus shipping for old stock does not make for a happy customer.

As I’m bitching, having a listing on the older rupes polishers that a new model is available ( as amazon does) would be helpful as well, with all the talk about the mark II I though that’s what I was buying.

When most manufacturers come out with a new better product the old product is taken out of service, with the 20% restocking fee this is a real pain in the behind.

Be very careful reading the product descriptions as it’s now obvious that the web site is not up to date, I would expect clearance pricing to get rid of the old stock and to have predominantly listed as old stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Disappointing getting shipped old stock

I'm not really up to speed on the McKee's headlight product to understand what happened with that--there is a new version but you got the old version?

But the Rupes thing is a different story...I believe Rupes continues to make the older version at a different price point for people who don't think they need to spend the extra dollars for the Mk. II performance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I'm not really up to speed on the McKee's headlight product to understand what happened with that--there is a new version but you got the old version?

But the Rupes thing is a different story...I believe Rupes continues to make the older version at a different price point for people who don't think they need to spend the extra dollars for the Mk. II performance.
    Yes it it was the McKay’s I thought was getting the new product but I got the old product ( that I already had).

I now understand that rupes kept the old model in production and if I had scrolled through all the bundle pages with the old product I would have come across the mark II.
    The 20% restock and the short time frame had me end up with the polisher I really didn’t want?
    I wanted the Mark II HD ( I understand the HD is out of stock and doesn’t look like it’s going back into production.
    Additional clarity would have made this easer, and even the old style rupes is a significant investment offer my old porta-cable.

Post Thanks / Like

I would try a phone call and see if they will do something to make you happy.

5. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I looks like the headlight coating is a new product and is not an update of the Headlight Protectant Spray.

I don’t see the Headlight Coating for sale at AG, I only see it at the McKees site.

7. Dislikes dennis hiip disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Powerman View Post
    After reading a great review on the new McKee’s headlight protectant I scurried on over to AG to order a bottle, I’ve two cars with headlights the yellow quickly even after using the Wolfgang sealer.
    How long should I wait before a new product actually starts shipping after its reviewed here? $47 plus shipping for old stock does not make for a happy customer.

As I’m bitching, having a listing on the older rupes polishers that a new model is available ( as amazon does) would be helpful as well, with all the talk about the mark II I though that’s what I was buying.

When most manufacturers come out with a new better product the old product is taken out of service, with the 20% restocking fee this is a real pain in the behind.

Be very careful reading the product descriptions as it’s now obvious that the web site is not up to date, I would expect clearance pricing to get rid of the old stock and to have predominantly listed as old stock.

Hello!
    Can you give us a call so we can look up your order, also do you have any pictures of what you received?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot@Autogeek View Post
    Hello!
    Can you give us a call so we can look up your order, also do you have any pictures of what you received?

Online order # 1334160
    Internal #1884830

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Powerman View Post
    Online order # 1334160
    Internal #1884830

I believe only Headlight Coating is new. McKee's 37 Headlight Coating - NEW

Headlight Protectant Spray is the same. McKee's 37 Headlight Protectant Spray protects your headlights against damaging UV rays so they do not fade or yellow over time

Post Thanks / Like

Disappointing getting shipped old stock

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    Yes I realize that now, AutoGeek does not carry the new product (yet?).

It took me a while to realize that people are doing in-depth reviews on autogeek’s forums for products they do not sell. Which is kinda lame as they have to pay for the site and have staff monitor it. I’ll pass the bottle on to my nephew and try again.
    Dr. Beasleys or some other product or even off of the Mkees site. I was under the impression that PBMG owned Mkees.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, sounds like you got exactly what you ordered. They’ll make you happy if you give them a chance.
    Bruno Soares

13. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast