autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

CSL or Cosmic V2

Hi All

Just wondering between the two which was the preferred one from a looks and water behavior perspective? Durability of one year is enough for me as personal cars I give an annual polish regardless so as to maintain appearances.

I currently have CQ Classic,UK, TAC Shine and a few other prototype coatings I have used and none appeal to me in the looks department. They don’t seem to add much after correction like carnauba’s do.

2. Likes Dan Tran liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CSL or Cosmic V2

Try liquid crystal c2v3. It's 8 months but it's high up in the looks department

Post Thanks / Like

Cosmic V2 has given me the best "looks" of any LSP I have ever used. I currently have it on my Corvette, which is a sun and fun car only and is stored for 5 months out of the year so I can't really comment on durability, but I applied it in the spring of '17 and will likely just maintain it through this summer's driving season. Cosmic V2 with an occasional Cosmic Spritz topper looks just amazing. The water beading is great.

I've never used CSL, so I can't make any comparison comments...

You would not be disappointed with PA Cosmic V2.
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

5. Thanks Ronin47 thanked for this post
    Likes custmsprty, DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Try liquid crystal c2v3. It's 8 months but it's high up in the looks department
    I’m talking more about actual, hard 9H coatings not toppers. Currently am happy with my Reload/Ech20 mix so not too interested in looking elsewhere from a spray sealant wipe on wipe off perspective. My post is more wanting answers from those experienced with either or both CSL or Cosmic V2 where I’m hoping someone on here will state XXX was noticeably glossier than YYY or XXX sure did add something extra to the paint after correction.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    Cosmic V2 has given me the best "looks" of any LSP I have ever used. I currently have it on my Corvette, which is a sun and fun car only and is stored for 5 months out of the year so I can't really comment on durability, but I applied it in the spring of '17 and will likely just maintain it through this summer's driving season. Cosmic V2 with an occasional Cosmic Spritz topper looks just amazing. The water beading is great.

I've never used CSL, so I can't make any comparison comments...

You would not be disappointed with PA Cosmic V2.
    That is exactly the type of response I am looking for. Would you say Cosmic V2 on its own looked better or Spritz added something ontop?

Also can I add the carnaubaflockencreme ontop Cosmic V2 or the Gold Zirkon would be better or Cosmic V2 on its own would be enough?

As you can see I am purely chasing gloss.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    That is exactly the type of response I am looking for. Would you say Cosmic V2 on its own looked better or Spritz added something ontop?

Also can I add the carnaubaflockencreme ontop Cosmic V2 or the Gold Zirkon would be better or Cosmic V2 on its own would be enough?

As you can see I am purely chasing gloss.
    For pure gloss, Cosmic V2 on it's own with a topper of Cosmic Spritz when it needs a slight refresh is the ticket. I would start out with just V2 and you will be quite happy. My Corvette is dark (navy) blue and with just Cosmic V2 the gloss is outstanding. I used multiple coats of Zaino Z2 and Z5 on the car for years (it's a 2001 that I purchased new), and I definitely prefer the look of Cosmic. The bling is outstanding.

I also have a black (non-metallic) '70 Riviera show car that I've used Cosmic V2 topped with Black Wulfenite on, which I have to say muted the gloss a bit. I also have Gold Zirkon and Blue Xilion, but I have not used either of these to top Cosmic V2. For strictly the best gloss go with Cosmic V2 neat...
    ​Al Schmidt

9. Thanks Ronin47 thanked for this post
    Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    For pure gloss, Cosmic V2 on it's own with a topper of Cosmic Spritz when it needs a slight refresh is the ticket. I would start out with just V2 and you will be quite happy. My Corvette is dark (navy) blue and with just Cosmic V2 the gloss is outstanding. I used multiple coats of Zaino Z2 and Z5 on the car for years (it's a 2001 that I purchased new), and I definitely prefer the look of Cosmic. The bling is outstanding.

I also have a black (non-metallic) '70 Riviera show car that I've used Cosmic V2 topped with Black Wulfenite on, which I have to say muted the gloss a bit. I also have Gold Zirkon and Blue Xilion, but I have not used either of these to top Cosmic V2. For strictly the best gloss go with Cosmic V2 neat...
    Great stuff! Did you apply one or 2 coats of V2?

Also anyone have experience with Master Sealant?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    Great stuff! Did you apply one or 2 coats of V2?
    Two coats. I think PA recommends a minimum of two or more. There is also a specific PA primer that's required for Cosmic. It is extremely easy to use with no fear of "high spots." It's really more like applying a sealant than other ceramic coatings. If you can put wax on your car you can apply Cosmic V2 with no issues.
    ​Al Schmidt

12. Likes Ronin47 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, PA's overall system is probably one of the best for looks. Two coats of Cosmic, and then with Cosmic Spritz sprayed on is probably one of the best combinations you can get.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

14. Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

POLISHANGEL recommends two coats of COSMIC applied 2 hours apart.

I machine apply PA you get total coverage and use very little. This was Viking Coat. I barely dented the bottle

CSL or Cosmic V2-vikingcoat1-jpg

CSL or Cosmic V2-vikingcoat-jpg
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

16. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast