autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CSL or Cosmic V2

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    What kind of durability did you get with Carnaubaflockencreme guys? I was going to use 2 coats and top with rapidwaxx every 2-3 mths.
    No experience with the cremes, will try Famous at some point. Your plan sounds legit though. If you don’t have Carnauba Arts, Rapidwaxx is the next best thing.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    No experience with the cremes, will try Famous at some point. Your plan sounds legit though. If you don’t have Carnauba Arts, Rapidwaxx is the next best thing.
    I bought a 500ml bottle of rapidwaxx so i want to use it up. Its hard but i'm committed to using up my products before i try something else and rapidwaxx still looks great.

Post Thanks / Like

Creme should actually be quite durable. It has a strong enough solvent in it that's basically acts like paint thinner. Carnauba always worries me in a product when it comes to durability.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    Creme should actually be quite durable. It has a strong enough solvent in it that's basically acts like paint thinner. Carnauba always worries me in a product when it comes to durability.
    This is the one (multiple colors) I was telling you about. It is supposed to be durable but I haven’t heard any daily driver stories yet. If it could last 4-5 months that would be a great product because I have no doubt it looks amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a 500ml bottle of rapidwaxx so i want to use it up. Its hard but i'm committed to using up my products before i try something else and rapidwaxx still looks great.
    Yep, totally understand. I wasn’t suggesting you buy the Arts, just letting you know in case you did already own some. Rapidwaxx has a very smooth, pleasing look.

6. Likes noorth liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that CSL doesn't do much for looks. I had it and Sonax PNS on adjacent newly polished black panels and there was no discernable difference in saturation or depth, maybe a slight hint more surface gloss under a spot light. Haven't used PA due to price/longevity, but I don't think CSL is worth it for looks. Gloss reading tests generally show that primary coatings aren't as glossy as less durable SiO2 or other toppers. They can add saturation to marred panels, but no one wants to put a coating on without first correcting and polishing.

I believe others who say PA and the Japanese K brand stuff have noticeably better looks than more mainstream coating/SiO2 products.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreBlackCars View Post
    I agree that CSL doesn't do much for looks. I had it and Sonax PNS on adjacent newly polished black panels and there was no discernable difference in saturation or depth, maybe a slight hint more surface gloss under a spot light. Haven't used PA due to price/longevity, but I don't think CSL is worth it for looks. Gloss reading tests generally show that primary coatings aren't as glossy as less durable SiO2 or other toppers. They can add saturation to marred panels, but no one wants to put a coating on without first correcting and polishing.

I believe others who say PA and the Japanese K brand stuff have noticeably better looks than more mainstream coating/SiO2 products.
    I'm not a longtime detailer but cosmic V2 topped with high gloss looks great! A few of my friends and neighbors commented on it without any mention of my car from me.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a longtime detailer but cosmic V2 topped with high gloss looks great! A few of my friends and neighbors commented on it without any mention of my car from me.
    Compliments from regular earthlings can be the ultimate “justifier” for a car looking great. My wife told me that a guy with his family passing us at very slow speed “stared shamelessly” yesterday at the park. Regardless of what my own eyes see, it’s nice to see others appreciate your quest for marvelous paint.

10. Likes noorth liked this post
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456