autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next LSP

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Next LSP

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    From all the DoDo’s I own I will still reach for 915 over any of them. Light Fantastic soft is nice, Purple Haze is nicer, 915 is nicest.
    Im thinking that too.. Many people say collinite 915 leaves a fair shine only, but i think its more important that my car is protected longer... i will be using Menzerna 3800 as finishing polish and then 2 layers of Collinite or Dodo juice! Dont think dodo juice will make that big a difference in looks compared to 915..

2. Likes Goonie75 liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by imhash View Post
    Im thinking that too.. Many people say collinite 915 leaves a fair shine only, but i think its more important that my car is protected longer... i will be using Menzerna 3800 as finishing polish and then 2 layers of Collinite or Dodo juice! Dont think dodo juice will make that big a difference in looks compared to 915..
    Whoever says 915 leaves a “fair” shine needs their eyes checked. I have some exotic British waxes and can state that 915 is on par if not better in depth and wetness. It lasts forever and beads amazing too.

4. Thanks Klasse Act, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes davidc, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoever says 915 leaves a “fair” shine needs their eyes checked. I have some exotic British waxes and can state that 915 is on par if not better in depth and wetness. It lasts forever and beads amazing too.
    I agree with the 915 and it always seem to look even better the next day. 915 is like $10.00 to $12.00 more than 476 and that is why I am doing this test although a little skewed with the Car Wax applications but I want to see if there is a signicant difference between the 4 which could sway me towards 915 over all the others. To me the 915 seems creamier than all the rest which is a plus for application. They all seem to require the same effort for removal as I do the whole vehicle then go back for the wipe down.

Dave

6. Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    I agree with the 915 and it always seem to look even better the next day. 915 is like $10.00 to $12.00 more than 476 and that is why I am doing this test although a little skewed with the Car Wax applications but I want to see if there is a signicant difference between the 4 which could sway me towards 915 over all the others. To me the 915 seems creamier than all the rest which is a plus for application. They all seem to require the same effort for removal as I do the whole vehicle then go back for the wipe down.

Dave
    915 has outlasted 476 for me, nothing major but nonetheless its proven itself over and over in looks and durability on all sorts of paints.In UK it has gone up against Swissvax Best of Show,Zymol,Angelwax,Auto Finesse,Dodo,CG etc. and come out ontop everytime. The other wax that I really like for a wet look is Pete’s 53 Black Pearl.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post

Dave
    DavidC, are you back in AZ?

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't agree more! This is old school in packaging and hype as in, there is NO hype about it or around it, it just produces the results! Apply this product thin and I mean THIN, and you'll be a convert! If I wasn't so into coatings right now it would be my go to without a doubt, I have used it in the past and loved it, still in the cabinet for use on customers cars!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    DavidC, are you back in AZ?
    Yes Sir. Daughter delivered the 7lb Grand Baby early November and we shot out of Frigid Minot North Dakota December 1st. The bad news now is the diagnosis of prostate cancer and they also want to remove the gallbladder. When I leave this Earth I am going to have a few less accessories so I expect a discount on the cremation . Tests are under way to see if the cancer has spread, will know in a few weeks. Hope you and the family are doing well.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

915 has outlasted 476 for me, nothing major but nonetheless its proven itself over and over in looks and durability on all sorts of paints.In UK it has gone up against Swissvax Best of Show,Zymol,Angelwax,Auto Finesse,Dodo,CG etc. and come out ontop everytime. The other wax that I really like for a wet look is Pete’s 53 Black Pearl.
    Yeah, I think it is all climatic for anything be it sealants,waxes,coatings etc. I was just in North Dakota for 7 Months and do not remember seeing any vehicle with clear coat failure but in Phoenix Az. it is pretty rampid. Glad to hear the 915 is doing well for you. I started using Car Wax after glfnaz turned me onto it and use it over 845,476,915 and it seems to help better than anything else I had tried even on the headlight lenses. With this little experiment I am doing all panels will be treated the same when it comes to Opt. no rinse and wax and Car Wax. I really like the 915 with what I would call a buttery feeling. While I was in North Dakota I did the Daughters car (very dark maroon) with 915 so she had winter protection. I asked her this morning how it was holding up after all the salt and beet juice. Her reply was that it looks as good as the day I applied it so that is a good sign.

Dave

12. Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    If I wasn't so into coatings right now it would be my go to without a doubt, I have used it in the past and loved it, still in the cabinet for use on customers cars!
    I too have a tin of 915 on the shelf, not sure why but it's the only wax I kept. I should find something to wax for a change.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.