autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

best finishing polish before LSP for soft black paint

I have a new black honda that had some swirls, so I attempted to take them out with CG's V36/V38 and a orange and white hexlogic pad. That left marring so I used Sonax perfect finish and a black hexlogic pad to clean it up. Worked perfectly, smooth as glass! My question is, I don't really want to use Sonax PF on the whole car due to the aggressiveness of the polish. Anyone have experience with soft black honda paint and know whats the best and least aggressive polish to use before sealant/wax?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: best finishing polish before LSP for soft black paint

If you're planning on using a sealant/wax I personally recommend using either HD Speed or Blackfire 1-step. They both finish better than most finishing polishes on the market.

HD Polish+ is a very good finishing polish to use on soft paint and isn't very aggressive.

Also, Scholl Concepts S30+ is fantastic on those really soft finicky paints although it's not very economical compared to HD Polish+

3. Likes custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The two I've personally experienced on Honda paint was Meguiar's Ultimate Polish, on blue Lake Country CCS pads, and Menzerna 3500 on Lake Country Tangerine Hydrotech pads.

In my opinion they delivered some great gloss, and EXCELLENT clarity.

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang finishing glaze works a treat. Gyeon polish nice as well. Car pro essence too. There are many good polishes out there. Where are you located maybe a member could give you a couple samples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Scholl s30+

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    '03 Corvette Z06

7. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that you have one of the best in Sonax PF. Used with a black finishing pad you did use I don't think that the cut is that much. It do get you a high cut level if you use a very coarse cutting pad. But with a soft finishing pad and the deminishing abrasive in it you would be have a rather low cut. Carpro reflect is in same league as PF and works great on soft finicky paints. Carpro essence has the same abrasive as reflect but less of them. The benefit of useing a primer polish as essence is that you can cut out the panel wipe down before useing a coating. I have heard that rupes yellow keramik is great on soft finicky paints too.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Rupes Keramik, CarPro Essence, Angelwax Redemption can’t be beat. My Ultimate Polish, M205, S30+, Mille Fine, Rotary Fine whilst good don’t compare to those 3 in consistency over a broad spectrum of paints, so just sit on the shelf.

10. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    Rupes Keramik, CarPro Essence, Angelwax Redemption can’t be beat. My Ultimate Polish, M205, S30+, Mille Fine, Rotary Fine whilst good don’t compare to those 3 in consistency over a broad spectrum of paints, so just sit on the shelf.
    How many times have you used the milli fine? I found it to an excellent finishing polish. Ill be using it today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    If you're planning on using a sealant/wax I personally recommend using either HD Speed or Blackfire 1-step. They both finish better than most finishing polishes on the market.

HD Polish+ is a very good finishing polish to use on soft paint and isn't very aggressive.

Also, Scholl Concepts S30+ is fantastic on those really soft finicky paints although it's not very economical compared to HD Polish+
    Agree with HD Polish+ and Speed. Haven't used Scholl. HD Polish+ is the most user friendly polish I've personally used and don't plan on replacing it. I have found a new use for Essence, as I have adapted to its learning curve.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    How many times have you used the milli fine? I found it to an excellent finishing polish. Ill be using it today.
    On a few cars, its nice but not Keramik nice. I test them all on the same panels with same pads.