autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

AutoGeek foam cannon vs MTM foam cannon

AutoGeek carries several brands of foam cannons. Pinacle, Wolfgang, Blackfire, etc. The only two (I think) that were listed for higher pressure/higher flow pressure washers was the AutoGeek and the MTM. So, which is better? I guess since this is AutoGeek's site, presumably they would say theirs is. But, they do sell both, so, what are the pluses and minuses? Note that I read reviews on "a major site" on the MTM and there were lots of good reviews, but a fair number of complaints saying it broke quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AutoGeek foam cannon vs MTM foam cannon

MTM foam cannon is for mainly industrial type pressure washers with 3500 psi or higher. The autogeek cannon is more for household pressure washers

Post Thanks / Like

MTM probably makes the AG cannon. They make Chemical Guy's foam cannon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    MTM foam cannon is for mainly industrial type pressure washers with 3500 psi or higher. The autogeek cannon is more for household pressure washers
    MTM PF22 works fine w 1.76gpm, 2000psi pressure washer. I think it's all in the orifice fitting employed.

AutoGeek foam cannon vs MTM foam cannon-nozzle-jpg

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how I misread... I looked at all the cannons sold here. And I saw most of them were lower ratings. MTMs is high rated. But somehow, I thought I saw that the AutoGeek's was also high pressure. I must have had MTM's open in two tabs or something. My mistake. So, I guess I will get the MTM. Thanks for your input.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    MTM PF22 works fine w 1.76gpm, 2000psi pressure washer. I think it's all in the orifice fitting employed.

AutoGeek foam cannon vs MTM foam cannon-nozzle-jpg
    I’ve been interested in upgrading my AG foam cannon and have heard about changing the orifice. My pressure washer is rated at 2000psi and 2.3gpm. So according to this chart the best orifice size for my pressure washer is 3.5?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    My Pf22 works fine with a sunjoe 1./76gpm 2000psi. Works no differently when I use my 4000psi generac Nothing to that.
    2018 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R Crystal White Pearl, 2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Oxford White Clearcoat.

8. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Breese147 View Post
    I’ve been interested in upgrading my AG foam cannon and have heard about changing the orifice. My pressure washer is rated at 2000psi and 2.3gpm. So according to this chart the best orifice size for my pressure washer is 3.5?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Looks like it.

Post Thanks / Like

That chart is for the nozzle orifice and not for the foamcannons. I have only access to the chart with liters and pressure in bar. I think that you are haveing the right orifice for the 2000psi 2.3gpm if it has the most common orifice 1.25mm that comes with it. For my PW that is rated to 2600psi 2.6gpm I upgraded to the 1.30mm orifice and has not tested it out yet. If your PW have a lower psi of 1600 you would get a thicker foam with the 1.1mm orifice. If you don't have specs higher than 2400psi and 2.6gpm I would not change it since the will be less thick. If you have a PW that is pulses when used the orifice is to little and if the foam is low you have a to large of orifice. My PW is just above to use the 1.30mm orifice but works with the original 1.25mm but the benefit is I get a better ratio with less prewash foam media with the larger orifice.

Hope it helps and I'm no pro but have read alot about it and was useing the 1.1mm orifice with big success with my very small nilfisk pressure wash with specs 1300psi. Before upgraded to a kärcher k7 premium plus flex pressure wash that I have now.