autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the right cquartz coating combo?

Hello helpies...
    pretty new to coating games... off lately I have seen people on forum using combo of coatings(cquartz uk topped up with sio2 or some tried vice versa) so my question is
    1) are these combo really more beneficial than say alone single coating.
    2) what is the best combo and how much coats of each coating.
    3). Gap between each coat of same coating and gap between two different coating i.e starting before starting different type of coating on previous type coat.
    4). Cquartz uk is only good for low temp areas? Or can be used in high temp areas like Indian summer(upto 45 degrees celcius most of the time.

I searched on carpro website but could not find any valid info on combo.

better to ask you pros here then to believe any other source.
    TIA.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is the right cquartz coating combo?

You're overthinking it a bit. Carpro reload is the product that carpro wants you to use with CQ or CQUK. UK just has a little bit more work time before it crystallizes so you can move it around a little bit better. You can use it in any temperature.Just do the whole car with the CQ And then after an hour, go back and do it with reload. You don't need to worry about doing a panel of this, or a panel of that. Put on as many coats of CQ as you want, then follow up with a coat of reload. The reason you use reload, is that many coatings don't have the ultimate gloss that people you want, whereas the SI02 sprays do.
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    You're overthinking it a bit. Carpro reload is the product that carpro wants you to use with CQ or CQUK. UK just has a little bit more work time before it crystallizes so you can move it around a little bit better. You can use it in any temperature.Just do the whole car with the CQ And then after an hour, go back and do it with reload. You don't need to worry about doing a panel of this, or a panel of that. Put on as many coats of CQ as you want, then follow up with a coat of reload. The reason you use reload, is that many coatings don't have the ultimate gloss that people you want, whereas the SI02 sprays do.
    Thanks for the info..
    What I meant was a member used 3 coats cq siO2 then topped it up with 3 coats of cq uk and then topped it up with 2 coats of gliss... yup you maybe right that I might be a lil overthinking but just wanted to clear my doubts... are these combo really that better or its just the OCD and having a single type of coating and then topping it up every 3-4 months with reload is sufficient?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by desidetailer View Post
    Hello helpies...
    pretty new to coating games... off lately I have seen people on forum using combo of coatings(cquartz uk topped up with sio2 or some tried vice versa) so my question is
    3). Gap between each coat of same coating and gap between two different coating i.e starting before starting different type of coating on previous type coat.
    4). Cquartz uk is only good for low temp areas? Or can be used in high temp areas like Indian summer(upto 45 degrees celcius most of the time.

TIA.
    There is no best coating if there was everyone would buy that an no others would sell. Plus a lot of it is hype. They may protect better and last longer but they don't look better and they have there own issues

5. Likes desidetailer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Any of the CQuartz versions are said to hold up in any temperature extreme, hot or cold, after application.

Anything can be tried, but think it's unnecessary with the numerous layers of so many different products that there will be a higher potential of getting poor final end results. Besides being a waste of money.

But as I understand, Gliss is designed to be a topper coating over CQuartz for added slickness. Follow Carpro's instructions. If it was me personally, and having shelter for the vehicle, I'd probably wait 24 hours to apply Gliss, to insure the first CQuartz later was known to be totally dry. But do not apply Reload in between those processes!

One better idea would be to purchase and apply CQuartz DLX to all plastic trim, and/or Wheels.

The reason Carpro recommends applying Reload at about a minimum time of one hour (or slightly more) after the initial cure-dry time is to protect the coating from possible permanent water spotting while the coating then fully cures. Full cure time is said to approximately take 7 days.

7. Likes desidetailer, VitreousHumor liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info..
    What I meant was a member used 3 coats cq siO2 then topped it up with 3 coats of cq uk and then topped it up with 2 coats of gliss... yup you maybe right that I might be a lil overthinking but just wanted to clear my doubts... are these combo really that better or its just the OCD and having a single type of coating and then topping it up every 3-4 months with reload is sufficient?
    Multiple coats of anything is pointless.

9. Likes desidetailer, custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello helpies...

TIA.
    It sounds to me like you are asking about the UK/TiO2 combination. I asked Corey about this combination and his exact words are "UK cures harder faster to supply the strongest base and TiO2 provides a more stain resistant top coat." For this combination it was recommended to wait 1 hour between coats with 1 coat of each being enough.

With Gliss being out, this topper would take the place of TiO2 over UK. But it can be used over either version of cquartz. Wait time is a 4 hours after whichever coat of cquartz one chooses.

11. Thanks desidetailer, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    There is no best coating if there was everyone would buy that an no others would sell. Plus a lot of it is hype. They may protect better and last longer but they don't look better and they have there own issues
    I agree and know that there is no best coating some are happy with carpro other with gyeon etc but my main question was something else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    Any of the CQuartz versions are said to hold up in any temperature extreme, hot or cold, after application.

Anything can be tried, but think it's unnecessary with the numerous layers of so many different products that there will be a higher potential of getting poor final end results. Besides being a waste of money.

But as I understand, Gliss is designed to be a topper coating over CQuartz for added slickness. Follow Carpro's instructions. If it was me personally, and having shelter for the vehicle, I'd probably wait 24 hours to apply Gliss, to insure the first CQuartz later was known to be totally dry. But do not apply Reload in between those processes!

One better idea would be to purchase and apply CQuartz DLX to all plastic trim, and/or Wheels.

The reason Carpro recommends applying Reload at about a minimum time of one hour (or slightly more) after the initial cure-dry time is to protect the coating from possible permanent water spotting while the coating then fully cures. Full cure time is said to approximately take 7 days.
    Thankyou... completely agree with you on this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    It sounds to me like you are asking about the UK/TiO2 combination. I asked Corey about this combination and his exact words are "UK cures harder faster to supply the strongest base and TiO2 provides a more stain resistant top coat." For this combination it was recommended to wait 1 hour between coats with 1 coat of each being enough.

With Gliss being out, this topper would take the place of TiO2 over UK. But it can be used over either version of cquartz. Wait time is a 4 hours after whichever coat of cquartz one chooses.
    Well thankyou.. You got exactly what was my real doubt in my first post..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast