autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rupes mille compound and polish?

When will these polishes be available separate from the polisher package? I see you have it as a kit.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes mille compound and polish?

Zephir and Keramik has better cut and finish than both Mille and Rotary compounds and polishes, the newcomers have a watered down Meguiars type feel to it, must be Jason Rose input me thinks.

3. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The new polishes have more lubricants which may make them feel “watered down”.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    Zephir and Keramik has better cut and finish than both Mille and Rotary compounds and polishes, the newcomers have a watered down Meguiars type feel to it, must be Jason Rose input me thinks.
    I can't imagine the new compounds actually having less cut than Zephir. That stinks!

I thought Jason Rose said that the compound for rotary and wool was suppose to be the most aggressive compound because when people reach for rotary and wool they are tradionally in a body shop setting or removing a ton of sanding marks and want the most aggressive compound.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    The new polishes have more lubricants which may make them feel “watered down”.
    I have tested them extensively across all machines and different paints.

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    I can't imagine the new compounds actually having less cut than Zephir. That stinks!
    Marginal not massively, it seems they “dumbed” it down on gear driven and rotary. However Zephir and Keramik cut and finish really well on random orbital, gear driven and rotary. Also Zephir and Keramik smell a whole lot better too unlike the cheap chemical smell the others have.

7. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have tested them extensively across all machines and different paints.

Marginal not massively, it seems they “dumbed” it down on gear driven and rotary. However Zephir and Keramik cut and finish really well on random orbital, gear driven and rotary. Also Zephir and Keramik smell a whole lot better too unlike the cheap chemical smell the others have.
    I'm gonna give Zephir a shot on Rotary/Wool. I always cut with microfiber on my 15 MK2 and every time I've tried using Zephir with microfiber I'm always dissappointed with the amount of correction especially on harder paints. It's wipe off has never been very easy for me either.

I have tried it with the coarse blue rupes foam pad but those pads and even the green rupes pads have just terrible durability.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    I'm gonna give Zephir a shot on Rotary/Wool. I always cut with microfiber on my 15 MK2 and every time I've tried using Zephir with microfiber I'm always dissappointed with the amount of correction especially on harder paints. It's wipe off has never been very easy for me either.

I have tried it with the coarse blue rupes foam pad but those pads and even the green rupes pads have just terrible durability.
    Zephir dusts with the blue Rupes, have you tried it with BnS flat Yellow or Meguiars Burgandy? If not it works well with those. If you looking for massive amounts of cut, unfortunately Rupes abrasives are not it, they do finish impressively though. Zephir reminds me alot of Scholl Concepts S3 Gold XXL in cut and finish. Keramik and S20 Black are similar too.

Post Thanks / Like

Zephir dusts with the blue Rupes, have you tried it with BnS flat Yellow or Meguiars Burgandy? If not it works well with those. If you looking for massive amounts of cut, unfortunately Rupes abrasives are not it, they do finish impressively though. Zephir reminds me alot of Scholl Concepts S3 Gold XXL in cut and finish. Keramik and S20 Black are similar too.
    You and I may have our differences Ron, but I was literally about to say the exact same thing. Zephir reminds me a LOT of S3 Gold XXL except Zephir smells better and S3 Gold XXL finishes better and wipes off a little easier on softer paints.

11. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The burgundy Meg's pads do cut good. I really like the white Boss pads with Fast Correcting Cream on the long throw machines, if that doesn't do it I'm reaching for my rotary and wool.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

13. Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    The burgundy Meg's pads do cut good. I really like the white Boss pads with Fast Correcting Cream on the long throw machines, if that doesn't do it I'm reaching for my rotary and wool.
    White Boss pad is superb, haven’t tried the Fast correcting cream only the correcting orange smelling cream.

15. Thanks Dan Tran thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast