autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has Anyone Used Aquawax on top of McKee's Paint Coating as a Drying Aid?

Thank you! I know people are mixing Reload and Echo2 to do that. Not sure what would be the less expensive but I will look at both when I run out of Reload (should be soon, I have about 100 Ml left).

Post Thanks / Like

My M4 has WGDGS, topped with with McKee’s fast waxe and detailed with Duragloss 931 rinseless wash with Aquawax (3oz/16 oz, actually used 2oz) . So not Aquawax on top but rinseless 931 as a Detailer (will try aquawax as a drying aid once temp. Get above freezing) the rinseless as a Detailer really kicks it up another notch

Post Thanks / Like

I would think most would say no because it’s polymer or wax based spray sealant gloss enhancer Ahhh that is what I think is a coating main issue ....is that they all last so long. So if your a person that likes to always be detailing u are going to have lots of free time.

I put aquawax on a coating and saw a drop is water beading but still had great seems like it only stayed on for a couple day before coating was back as top exposed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Nick, does McKee have the equivalent of Car Pro Reload yet? A sillica sealant to apply on top of coatings? I am running low on Reload and I am considering my options for a replacement. I have seen a comparison video with GTechnic C2V3 and Gyeon Skin and I am not sure what I will get yet. Always been happy with Reload, but it's very expensive.

As for Aquawax, if you have the product already, I would use it until I run out. Then switch to a more appropriate sillica based product to replace it.
    In case this hadn’t been answered in the last 11 months, Mckees 10 Min Paint Sealant would be their Reload
    competitor

Post Thanks / Like

Just an FYI from my experience...

All 3 of my cars have McKee's 37 coating, and I do use Aquawax as my drying aid. Works pretty well in my "unprofessional" opinion.

Eric

6. Likes yakky, GAMBIT61 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12