autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flagged tip brush to apply HD to tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    And yes, speeds things up and just makes the whole wash process a breeze.Flagged tip brush to apply HD to tires.
    I didn't believe it till Eldo turned me on to this method. I have very limited time and I was amazed at the time savings vs 2BM. Less chance of marring too as each time you're not dealing with a mitt that was exposed to dirt.

2. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes FrankS, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup, that’s exactly how I do it. The 2nd empty bucket that I toss them into has my Grit Guard in it, but its only purpose is to prevent the mitts from laying on the bottom in their own mess. That’s no big deal though..

Once I’m done washing I take my hose nozzle and spray both sides of each mitt to get them clean and toss them back into the clean suds and close that bucket full of suds & mitts with a Gamma Seal and then proceed to rinsing the vehicle.
    Good information as usual!

Question---Do you wash your mitts? Or just rinse and toss mitts in fresh soapy water for the next car wash?

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

4. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TMQ View Post
    Good information as usual!

Question---Do you wash your mitts? Or just rinse and toss mitts in fresh soapy water for the next car wash?

Tom
    I toss the mitts into the soapy water and they’re ready to go for next time. The soapy water is also ready to go for next time if it’s within a weeks time.. Anything beyond 6 days or so I’ll just make fresh suds, but the mitts will stay clean enough for at least a couple of washes maybe more.

6. Thanks TMQ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I toss the mitts into the soapy water and they’re ready to go for next time. The soapy water is also ready to go for next time if it’s within a weeks time.. Anything beyond 6 days or so I’ll just make fresh suds, but the mitts will stay clean enough for at least a couple of washes maybe more.
    Would love to hear which mitts you’d recommend, since you seem to have so many/have probably used plenty.

Like if one was to just look into buying a dozen mitts up front for this purpose, does one stand out to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    Would love to hear which mitts you’d recommend, since you seem to have so many/have probably used plenty.

Like if one was to just look into buying a dozen mitts up front for this purpose, does one stand out to you?

Good question. I think these 2 mitts are ideal for this method.

1st the Meguiars Wash Mitt. [I have 5 of these]

Meguiars X3002 Microfiber Wash Mitt

This mitt is cheap [you can afford to buy several without it costing alot], it’s good, it’s white [this is good because you can see whether it’s clean or not after rinsing it]

The other mitt I recommend is the Xtra Fluff Blue Microfiber Mitt. [I have 5 of these]

XtraFluff Blue Microfiber Wash Mitt

This mitt is more of a premium mitt. It’s a knockoff of the Gyeon Smoothie [which is a knockoff of the Incredimitt] and really works well and holds a ton of suds. These are mitts I grab when washing the hood and trunklid etc.

I also have a couple of microfiber noodle mitts that I picked up from the $1 store. They’re actually not bad quality if you find the good ones. I use these 2 mitts for washing the rocker panels and lower bumpers of the vehicle. [these mitts may not stay as clean as the others so you might want to think about whether or not to toss back in the same bucket when you’re done]

I also have a Viking Microfiber Mitt that I bought a while back at the auto parts store.

9. Likes Finick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info, if I ever dedicate more time to traditional washes, I’ll keep those recommendations in mind.

Also it must be nice to live such a life of luxury and have a dollar store so close to you Flagged tip brush to apply HD to tires.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123