autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Interior Protectant

I'll add my vote for McKee's 37 Interior Surface Protectant. I really like it.

I've also used 303 Aerospace and Meguiars Natural Shine interior protectant with success, but like the Mckee's 37 more than either of those two.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    Klasse Cleaner/Protectant

Bob
    You know I've never tried that, need to get some on my next orderInterior Protectant

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Ultimate Fast Finish..apply it with microfiber cloth dont buff it off.. leave it on it will level out on its own..it will last really long time on interior..i use it on my leather seats too..
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Ran

4. Likes Maxreed241, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i was wondering anyone use meguiars D181 leather cleaner for interior, dashboard, door, trim etc?

Post Thanks / Like

Interior Protectant

Quote Originally Posted by GEM65 View Post
    i was wondering anyone use meguiars D181 leather cleaner for interior, dashboard, door, trim etc?
    Yup, that’s been my go to product for the interior of my Cadillac for about the last 2 yrs. 1st a thorough vacuum [seats, dash, & door panels with a soft horsehair brush attachment] followed by a good wipedown of every part of the interior [except the instrument cluster] using a clean cotton terry towel sprayed with D181.

Leaves my interior completely clean and crisp, the way it outta be.

Sometimes I’ll follow it up with D180, just depends how I feel. Sometimes I like a bit of sheen, looks especially good on a night out.

I must say however, I find it’s doesn’t play the best with certain interiors such as Mercedes Benz which have their version of fake leather aka Mercedes Benz Tex.. Reason why is because that material they use is so dry and coarse and this cleaner seems to be a bit much for it. It turns into a dry wipe, not a very nice user experience. Same thing with the BMW fake leather. But if it’s not that German style coarse fake leather D181 works great.

7. Likes GEM65 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used Chemical guys "InnerClean" for a few years, I do not like the inside of my car to smell like chemicals or the fake "new car scent" cleaners.
    Last edited by Bobby B.; 02-27-2018 at 10:48 AM. Reason: outside links
    Joseph
    JCCarCare

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCCarCare View Post
    I have used Chemical guys "InnerClean" for a few years, I do not like the inside of my car to smell like chemicals or the fake "new car scent" cleaners.

Chemical Guys SPI_663_16 InnerClean Interior Quick Detailer and Protectant
    Same here.. Add faux leather scent to that list, I can’t stand it. That’s 1 of the reasons I like D180 & D181.
    D181 has a light clean scent that dissipates within minutes after using it.
    D180 smells good enough to be high end aftershave. Furthest thing from the typical fake leather scent you get from most leather products available. I’ve never had anyone not like that scent, even the pickiest of all noses like it.Interior ProtectantInterior Protectant

10. Likes GEM65 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I must say however, I find it’s doesn’t play the best with certain interiors such as Mercedes Benz which have their version of fake leather aka Mercedes Benz Tex.. Reason why is because that material they use is so dry and coarse and this cleaner seems to be a bit much for it. It turns into a dry wipe, not a very nice user experience. Same thing with the BMW fake leather. But if it’s not that German style coarse fake leather D181 works great.
    Thanks for sharing your experience

unfortunately i fall in that category ^^
    that tex material indeed feels very dry when wiping... Interior Protectant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GEM65 View Post
    Thanks for sharing your experience

unfortunately i fall in that category ^^
    that tex material indeed feels very dry when wiping... Interior Protectant
    I maintain a 2014 E Class with that M-Tex black in color and use nothing but Meguiars D180 Leather Cleaner & Conditioner on it every time I see it. It loves that product. IMO It gives it much needed life/moisture and makes it go from dry almost gray to deep black with a sheen/slight gloss that looks fantastic.

When I 1st tried it on that vehicle I did a test spot and asked the owner if they like how that looks compared to without it. He said hell yea what’d you put on there?! They love it.Interior Protectant
    I apply it with a large round microfiber applicator. Terry applicator works fine as well.

IIRC Mercedes says not to use any leather cleaners or conditioners on that M-Tex, but if you can’t use them than what the heck do they expect you to use? A towel dampened with plain water? Yea right I’m going to be expecting to keep it fully clean that way. In my dreams maybe. Lol. I see no adverse effects from the D180.

13. Likes GEM65 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just did my interior with the Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast