autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Wetcoat: maintaining and topping?

Which products work well at extending and maintaining Gyeon Wetcoat? I'm afraid that conventional QDs and QWs will affect the water behavior.

Can Wetcoat be diluted so that it can be used as a hand applied WOWO?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon Wetcoat: maintaining and topping?

I would go with Gyeon Cure.

3. Likes Klasse Act, ronkh57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    Which products work well at extending and maintaining Gyeon Wetcoat? I'm afraid that conventional QDs and QWs will affect the water behavior.

Can Wetcoat be diluted so that it can be used as a hand applied WOWO?
    are you using wetcoat as standalone protection or using it as topper for coating..
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Ran

Post Thanks / Like

Just using as standalone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    Just using as standalone.
    then i will use Gyeon cure as guz suggested..
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Ran

7. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Was checking out vids on Cure and also reading Gyeon instructions for application. They say that it also can be applied when the vehicle is wet, such as after washing. Has anyone applied it this way? I assume it would be sort of like a drying aid procedure but I haven't seen any vids of anyone applying it this way (unless its finicky with streaking)?

Since I mostly do rinseless washes, I wonder if it can be mixed in with something such as N-914? Or I suppose spritzed on during the final wipe of washing a panel?

Post Thanks / Like

If useing as drying aid they recommend to dilute it at 1:2 useing destilled water. N914 is great as not leaving anything behind but if you want some sio2 to waterless wash or rinseless wash get carpro Ech2o. Which can be used as drying aid also I have heard some use gyeon cure in Ech2o QD dilution as they use reload to spice the QD up with success. Then some use uber rinseless also and it seems to the glossenhancer don't interfear with the water behavior and protection. Then since you use Wet Coat you have gyeon bathe plus car soap which also leaves sio2 behind and build up or extend the longevity of Wet Coat. If 2bm wash I would look into gyeon bathe as carpro reset those car soaps leaves nothing behind as well. If you like the crispie look of Wet Coat I would stay in the gyeon family of products if they leave any glossenhancer or protection behind. If you want to alter the look of Wet Coat you can test out which sio2 based product you like. I have used Wet Coat this winter as base protection and build it up with application october november and december. Then used from other brands a car soap with ceramic infused sio2 and a sio2 glossenhancer spray. Those altered the look on my silver metallic car with a darkening effect I liked. Have been pleased with Wet Coat as a protection longevity and self cleaning ability in harsh winter weather in Sweden. After the prewash I thought it was done on the lower side panels and the back of the car. But when I had washed it with carpro reset it was back on again.

There is some of my experience with Wet Coat this winter and thoughts about maintance on it. The only thing I have not been pleased with is the crisp looks on my silver metallic car. On the other car I maintain which is white it's looks great. So it's a personal reference thing what I like. And I like to see when you can altering the looks with only lsp of different kinds. When useing sio2 products I like to stay with them and not get any wax or polymer products to interfear with the water behavior and self cleaning ability.

I think that they have tested to dry applying Wet Coat. Think they didn't get it to work out as well. I have read about a hybrid method of dry and wet application when useing gyeon wet coat and did it twice. After the final rinse of the car soap you leave it wet as useally. Then use a damp mf towel or sponge and spritz this 1 time and then 2 spritz on the panel. Start at where you sprayed at the panel and spread it out to the whole panel and then pressure wash it off. This gave me to use less product and have had no problem with streaking or that some parts is failing before others. That I have read and heard about have happen to some. The longevity has been 7 weeks with no degrade of it which I think is great in the climate environment I live in. This is with none washing between so no topping. It was some detailer in UK that came up with this application. So no more than 2-4 sprays depending on the size of the panel. Just wring out the application media when saturated and use nitrile gloves.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used it straight with no issues. Some have stated that it streaks especially noticeable on darker paints.

In saying that, it can be used as a drying aid and on dry paint. I have not had any issues using it either way. I have recently diluted it at 1:1 with distilled water and also no issues. Similar to what Esoteric mentions in their video.

11. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've used cure, and also use PA spritzs

13. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no experience with this type of product, and my knowledge goes only as far as what I've read on forums and product pages, so please forgive my ignorance if this is a dumb question. Wouldn't a topper/extender for Wetcoat simply be another application of Wetcoat? For a post-wash wipedown to remove water spots and help drying, I'd think any coating friendly QD spray would do the trick.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

15. Thanks Rrthomas78 thanked for this post
    Likes Chopper280 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast