autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How to remind customers to pay for a detail.

So I detail from home and one of my female customers had their husband picked up their cars for them when the job was completed. The husband told me that his wife will pay for the job. Keep in mind that the wife texted me her address to pick up her husband at their house after the job was done, which I did. It has been a half a day since the job was completed and I have not received payment nor a text back from the wife. I texted the women my PayPal information. Should I wait a little bit longer for her to get back to me or give her a personal call? What is a nice way to remind her again?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to remind customers to pay for a detail.

Give them a full day, then send them a text or email (whichever you had been using as primary contact).

Something like:

Hi Judy, I wanted to follow up after detailing you car yesterday to ensure you haven't found anything that needs additional attention. Also, I haven't seen payment come through on my paypal yet. As a reminder, the total was $xxx and the account is xxxx@xxx.com
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

3. Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ, JustJesus, Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Audios that is a perfect response! Still learning how to deal with customers on a daily basis for different situations like these. Wanted to be extra nice and at the same not, not hassle them for the payment. Perfect anwser!

Post Thanks / Like

Its unfortunate the customer put you in that situation however, never short yourself and don't be afraid to request what you are due. I would send a friendly text reminding the customer of the promised payment that you have not received. I would also mention that you have their address and if they would like you could stop by and take payment (basically a reminder saying, hey I know where you live). In the future I would not relinquish their keys until payment has been received unless they are not happy with the work, but that doesn't seem to be the issue here......you also have to may it easier to receive that payment, my Square POS has been great, swipe, insert, or tap....doesen't get any easier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jkrig View Post
    Its unfortunate the customer put you in that situation however, never short yourself and don't be afraid to request what you are due. I would send a friendly text reminding the customer of the promised payment that you have not received. I would also mention that you have their address and if they would like you could stop by and take payment (basically a reminder saying, hey I know where you live). In the future I would not relinquish their keys until payment has been received unless they are not happy with the work, but that doesn't seem to be the issue here......you also have to may it easier to receive that payment, my Square POS has been great, swipe, insert, or tap....doesen't get any easier.
    Thanks man for the reply and advice! Spent around 15 hours on cleaning the interior froom the owner spilling 5 gallons for paint and sure as hell want my payment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to remind customers to pay for a detail.-1519138197314-jpg   How to remind customers to pay for a detail.-1519138203285-jpg  

7. Likes DetailedByPrecision, jkrig liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As someone who is always looking to pay for repairs on the spot in cash, I would feel very guilty/embarrassed not having paid. Some people may get offended by you asking for the money, especially if it is something that was simply forgotten. I’m not one of those people, some people get offended very easily if you even suggest that they are going to skip payment. Probably, the same type of person who knows they didn’t pay and will never pay unless asked. Not saying this is your customer, but there are a lot out there.

I would skip asking for the payment for a few days, unless you absolutely need the money. Send a text as suggested, asking how they like the detail and if there were any areas of concern. If they respond I would converse with them and see if they bring up the payment. If no response, or no mention of money send them an invoice in the mail.

Let us know how this ends. Wow! 15 hrs, I’d want payment too!

Post Thanks / Like

There are sure as *&^^ people who do not pay. However, if the person is valuing you and the time spent, Id be polite and give it a day or 2 and remind them. I think it is fair to not pay for jobs totally up front as I tend to look at detailing alot like contracting work.
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

If you use Paypal Business to send invoices you can send a reminder. I do it every 24 hours. Usually only takes one reminder for me.

But I agree with everyone else, just wait a day and send a friendly reminder.

I tell every customer I accept cards with Square card reader, Paypal Business (card and chip reader), checks and cash to make their payment as convenient as possible.

11. Thanks detailbyroger thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Send a note to the owner asking if they're happy with the service and that if they aren't, you will gladly return the paint to their carpet.

13. Likes FUNX650, BadgerRivFan, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maestro, Sir:

I say: unless they have remitted payment,
    in full, by the end of the next Business Day...

You should inform them that the next time
    that you conduct Beethoven's 9th: “Victor”
    will be the thumping their gourds—in lieu
    of the timpanis!

Just a thought...

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

15. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast