autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I polish directly after using a Nanoskin Autoscrub with Nanoskin Glide?

Hi all,

I have a brand new Subaru Forester and need to do the initial decontaminate / polish / seal process. In the past I have used clay with Detailer's Universal clay lube but it looks like that product is no longer available. So, I decided to give a try with the Nanoskin Autoscrub and the Nanoskin Glide as the lubricant. With the Detailer's Universal Lube I just dried it off after claying with a microfiber cloth and then followed it with a polish.

Can I do the same with Glide or do I have to rinse it off or wash it again. Plan is to follow it up with Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion and then Ultima Paint Guard + sealant.

Am I good on this?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can I polish directly after using a Nanoskin Autoscrub with Nanoskin Glide?

Yes, your plan is fine. No need to re wash.

3. Thanks eyost thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, eyost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Yes, your plan is fine. No need to re wash.
    ^^This^^
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

5. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have not already bought the pinnacle cleansing lotion and are going to use Ultima paint guard plus. I would look at Ultima paint prep plus. It's a cleaner and maybe does not have the fillers that pinnacle have. But it will extend the longevity of Ultima PGP as it has some polycharger polymers in it also.

Post Thanks / Like

The only problem I see is if you get marring from the clay.

The Cleansing Lotion and the Paint Prep do not contain abrasives. I believe you would need a product that contains at least some fine abrasives to remove marring if you did get some.

9. Likes Eldorado2k, D.BRITT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    The only problem I see is if you get marring from the clay.

The Cleansing Lotion and the Paint Prep do not contain abrasives. I believe you would need a product that contains at least some fine abrasives to remove marring if you did get some.
    Good point^

I thought about that assuming it has the capability of removing clay marring. If it doesn’t, then that could present an issue.

Post Thanks / Like

If useing a polishing medium pad I have got a little cut from the pad with UPPP. But if it's more than light marring you would have to step up in cut.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    If you have not already bought the pinnacle cleansing lotion and are going to use Ultima paint guard plus. I would look at Ultima paint prep plus. It's a cleaner and maybe does not have the fillers that pinnacle have. But it will extend the longevity of Ultima PGP as it has some polycharger polymers in it also.
    I actually already have both. In examination the paint is in pretty good shape - no dealer installed swirls. As for the Paint Prep plus, do you like to apply it with a DA and if so, how much to apply?

Thanks,

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

I used a 21mm longthrow polisher DA and a medium polishing foam pad. The places it did not get to I used the foam applicator that came with which also had a little cut. On the DA I primed the pad and applyied 4 small pea drops. Then worked on 2×2 feet area. I think it's depends on how much imbedded grime you have on how much you need to apply on the pad and the working area you work on. The car I was doing was really in bad shape so think that I had to use a little more than a car in good shape. You see that when you are spreading the product so you have an even hazed on the paint. Then work it to it's clears up and then wipe of. Noticed when I was over working it got a little trouble to get wiped off. Between 3-5 passes per sections then it's done. The longevity of Ultima PGP was extended quite a bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast