autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEED FEEDBACK on products I've acquired for a project. PLEASE HELP!!

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Menzerna has a medium cut polish also pf2500 in 8oz bottles and pf2400 in 32oz bottle.
    I always found that oddly irritating. Why 2400 only in 32oz? After moving away from Menzerna, 2400 is the only one I kept as it finishes nicely enough in some cases that you can call it a day. But I don't need 32oz around all the time.

Anyone got any insight on 2400 v 2500 beyond the marketing copy of 'made for modern ceramic paints' that goes with 2400? I like 2400 on occasion but not 32oz of like. Is 2500 that much different?

Post Thanks / Like

They have pf2400 in 8oz bottles too just not sold on AGO. And they have come out with pf2200 know also. I think that they have developed a better abrasive that cuts more and leave the same finish. It's hard to keep up with the middle range of menzerna polishes lol. Then it's up to the store that sells it to get the products they want to offer. The middle range polishes is needed sometimes and often works great as a one step polish on production works. But it's a djungle to find what suits you. Pf2500 has cut 5 and finish 7. Pf2400 has cut 6 and finish 7 as the Pf2200 has cut 6 and finish 7. Have not found anything that keep them apart but the cut. Where I buy the pf2500 they claim that it's capability to use on scratch resistant clearcoats.

3. Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice cool.day outside. I'm gonna head out and hit a different spot on that fender with m205 and a white pad. I just feel like that's the next step up before switching to an orange pad, and I'm trying to stick to Mike Phillips Mantra of using the least aggressive possible solution.

5. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

For anyone that's interested ... one section pass with 205 completely cleared that test spot I had started of all swirls. It got real windy and started raining so that's all I got time to do. But with that kind of a result, I'm guessing that my next test spot I try from scratch will come to where I want with only a couple passes of 205. I am going to try that in the next few days (weather permitting), and I'll report back. My Ironx will be here tomorrow too, so I'll finally have all the cleaners I need.

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DoinitWright View Post
    For anyone that's interested ... one section pass with 205 completely cleared that test spot I had started of all swirls. It got real windy and started raining so that's all I got time to do. But with that kind of a result, I'm guessing that my next test spot I try from scratch will come to where I want with only a couple passes of 205. I am going to try that in the next few days (weather permitting), and I'll report back. My Ironx will be here tomorrow too, so I'll finally have all the cleaners I need.
    Oh, we are all interested. That's what this forum is all about. Lol

Cool on the 205. If the results make you happy, then you have achieved your goal.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    They have pf2400 in 8oz bottles too just not sold on AGO. And they have come out with pf2200 know also. I think that they have developed a better abrasive that cuts more and leave the same finish. It's hard to keep up with the middle range of menzerna polishes lol. Then it's up to the store that sells it to get the products they want to offer. The middle range polishes is needed sometimes and often works great as a one step polish on production works. But it's a djungle to find what suits you. Pf2500 has cut 5 and finish 7. Pf2400 has cut 6 and finish 7 as the Pf2200 has cut 6 and finish 7. Have not found anything that keep them apart but the cut. Where I buy the pf2500 they claim that it's capability to use on scratch resistant clearcoats.
    This is straight from Menzerna PDF’s.

2500 Cut 5 Gloss 7 for scratch resistant paints.
    2400 Cut 5 Gloss 8 for older, dry paints.
    2200 Cut 6 Gloss 7 for more cut.

All the above are current products.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, everyone, thanks again for all the help and the advice. But this project will have to be put on hold for a while. Yesterday morning at 10 a.m. someone changed lanes into the side of my car on the freeway and messed up the side of it pretty bad. So now I have to find a body shop that will actually do a good job. One that will paint the car to my satisfaction, leaving a good finish, and also no overspray. In other words, Mission Impossible!
    I'm trying my best to look at this as a positive thing. At least I was struck on the side that had the dented Fender. And there is damage from his tires rubbing up against my car right next to that dent. So he gets to buy me a new Fender, and the front and rear bumper covers are also now destroyed. They both had little Nicks and scratches on them that come from driving on the streets of California no matter how careful you are. So, in other words, every part of the car that had any sort of a blemish or Dent, will now be completely repaired. The car will finally be pristine again, just as long as I can find a shop that will do good work.
    ARE THERE ANY THREADS OUT THERE REGARDING RECOMMENDED BODY SHOPS BASED ON AREA? ( I couldn't find any)
    OR DOES ANYONE WHO LIVES IN OR NEAR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?!?!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that. But in the end it maybe works out great for you. Hope you get some recommendation of a great body shop.

Think that the abrasive in menzerna all are working on ceramic clearcoats know. Then they are tuned to other needs as well.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

NOBODY?? Maybe someone should START a sticky for that then. Like... I live in XXX area, and I had a good/bad experience with YYY body shop. Best person to contact is ZZZ. He's a like minded person, and he'll understand the quality you're looking for.
    I'll be happy to contribute some past experiences, plus whatever info I end up with from my current experience. I'm sure there's a ton of us out there with experiences, both bad and good, to contribute. And a ton of us out there who could benefit from that information.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DoinitWright View Post
    Well, everyone, thanks again for all the help and the advice. But this project will have to be put on hold for a while. Yesterday morning at 10 a.m. someone changed lanes into the side of my car on the freeway and messed up the side of it pretty bad. So now I have to find a body shop that will actually do a good job. One that will paint the car to my satisfaction, leaving a good finish, and also no overspray. In other words, Mission Impossible!
    I'm trying my best to look at this as a positive thing. At least I was struck on the side that had the dented Fender. And there is damage from his tires rubbing up against my car right next to that dent. So he gets to buy me a new Fender, and the front and rear bumper covers are also now destroyed. They both had little Nicks and scratches on them that come from driving on the streets of California no matter how careful you are. So, in other words, every part of the car that had any sort of a blemish or Dent, will now be completely repaired. The car will finally be pristine again, just as long as I can find a shop that will do good work.
    ARE THERE ANY THREADS OUT THERE REGARDING RECOMMENDED BODY SHOPS BASED ON AREA? ( I couldn't find any)
    OR DOES ANYONE WHO LIVES IN OR NEAR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?!?!
    What area of Southern California?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast