autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The sweet taste of victory

Quote Originally Posted by mcate View Post
    Just got off phone with them. Like I expected, they said that there's nothing in their system that could have rubbed the paint off in that spot. I told them I disagreed! They checked their cameras from the time that I went through & said the damage was there already. They sent me a couple of copies of the screen shots, & it definitely was already there. She had taken the car through there a few weeks earlier, after the last snow most likely, but he went back & could not find the video. He said it's a 30-day loop. So I'm probably screwed. Oh well, lesson learned. She told me she'll never go through one of them again!
    This doesn’t necessarily prove or disprove the car wash caused the damage, however, they have all the proof they need. Being totally objective, my guess is someone or something rubbed against your wife’s bumper in a parking lot. I could picture someone setting a large heavy box down while loading it into the rear of their truck/SUV and accidentally rubbing the box against the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Just knowing that the car sits in our garage every night, & where she parks at work every day, I just don't see how it could have happened anywhere else. But she's told me that she'll never want to take it through a tunnel wash again, & I'm good with that. I cringe every time she wants to go through one.

Post Thanks / Like

Man sorry about that it has happens before this time. The picture of the damage looks like a really hard scrub damage. It's either the car wash or a car that has scrubbed against it. I think that your wife is honest about not hitting anything. Is there any kind of paint transfer around and in the damage? It almost looks like when you go thrue with a rotary polisher. That's why I think it's the car wash. But anyhow hope you can fix it and it's not so much of a cost for you.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I can’t see how that was done at a car wash, no car wash automated or not would do that damage, looks more like driver-mall-parking error if one has to be honest.

Post Thanks / Like

That is kinda funny lol My wife wouldn't dare take one of our cars to a car wash without having to hear my mouth lol as much as I talk about detailing on a daily. She knows I'll send her a invoice with the quickness wife or not. This fix is gonna cost you hunny bun pop :-D :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12