autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The sweet taste of victory

After 35 years of being married to a detailing fanatic, & having heard me tell her countless times just how BAD the tunnel washes are, she just had to have her Cadillac washed at one. And this happened. Rubbed right through the paint into the front bumper skin. It's a chain car wash (Crew/Mike's Express) & we filed a claim with them, so we'll how it goes. Hopefully they'll pay. But she's assured me she'll never go through a tunnel wash again!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The sweet taste of victory-img_78491-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The sweet taste of victory

Dang! Sorry to see and hear that. Tough lesson to learn. Good luck with a settlement.

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch

Sorry

4. Thanks LEDetailing thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow that was a hard lesson to be learned. Looks like where the brushes measure the distance is not really at center. And the brush boom got against it.

Sorry that it happen. And that you get some kind of settlement.

Post Thanks / Like

There's definitely something wrong with that car wash system. To rub through the clear and basecoat is insane. Undoubtedly they've caused damage to other vehicles. I hope all goes smoothly getting it fixed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vue to a kill View Post
    There's definitely something wrong with that car wash system. To rub through the clear and basecoat is insane. Undoubtedly they've caused damage to other vehicles. I hope all goes smoothly getting it fixed.
    Honestly it could be from something else. A lot of times people only notice scratches after they get the car washed and are looking everything over. I've seen this happen before.

I'm not saying that is what happened to this car only saying that it can and does happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Honestly it could be from something else. A lot of times people only notice scratches after they get the car washed and are looking everything over. I've seen this happen before.

I'm not saying that is what happened to this car only saying that it can and does happen.
    I initially thought the same thing. But, looking at the picture it almost has to be the car wash that caused the damage. Something applied pressure and only hit the exact high point of the bumper. The other piece of evidence of the car wash causing the damage would be no damage around surrounding area.

Mcate,

If the car wash rejects the claim, I would take them to small claims. Sorry this happened, touchless car washes for the your wife from now. Better yet, I’m sure you’ll gladly hand wash the Caddy to avoid this mess again.

Post Thanks / Like

They were supposed to call me within 3-5 days, & I filed the claim on the 3rd. So much for 3-5 days! I'll be calling them in the next dayor 2.

Post Thanks / Like

WOOOOOOOW!!!!!

I bet your wife feels just as bad as you.

Anybody who sees this feels for ya. Hope everything goes well. Keep us posted.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got off phone with them. Like I expected, they said that there's nothing in their system that could have rubbed the paint off in that spot. I told them I disagreed! They checked their cameras from the time that I went through & said the damage was there already. They sent me a couple of copies of the screen shots, & it definitely was already there. She had taken the car through there a few weeks earlier, after the last snow most likely, but he went back & could not find the video. He said it's a 30-day loop. So I'm probably screwed. Oh well, lesson learned. She told me she'll never go through one of them again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast