autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile guys -- Electric pressure washer running off of a Generator?

can't use foam cannon ( I may get the IK FOAMER) quiet honda eu 2000i not an issue may be a issue with eu 1000i cleaning ability is good

Post Thanks / Like

I like the look of the ik units. I have been considering those as an alternative also, given that in an average foam wash you only really foam once maybe twice...is it really necessary to have a pw for that and the rinse? I’m not 100% sure.

Even the bigger ik sprayer takes up much less space, no engine, no electricity and no gas to deal with. I have to imagine 2gal of solution would suffice to foam an average sized sedan, if not more. And if not takes two seconds to refill. Then you just need a good strong garden hose maybe with a portable DI unit for the rinse down.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    Joe Catanzaro
    JCDetails (RI Based Mobile Detailer)
    http://jcdetails.com

3. Likes 215Detailing liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 215Detailing View Post
    can't use foam cannon ( I may get the IK FOAMER) quiet honda eu 2000i not an issue may be a issue with eu 1000i cleaning ability is good
    Do you have any videos of you using the pressure washer? I'm interested in seeing it in use. thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quick update here. After more research I had it narrowed down to the BE1515epn and the AR610. I narrowed it to these two based on two requirements:

1.) That the pressure washer be able to run on a standard 15amp household outlet. This allows me to simply run an extension cord from customer power. I also plan on testing it on an inverter generator to see if that setup works as well.
    2.) It must be sufficiently powered to run a foam cannon. I have the MTM classic but may get a pf22 instead. Both require minimum 1100psi and 1.6gpm.

BE 1515epn is 1500psi 1.6gpm. Attractive at only 379 most places, but at the end of the day I decided against it because while the pressure is ok the GPM rating is right at the lower limit of what most foam cannons require.

The AR610 is 1350psi and 1.9gpm. This is a significant step up in GPM, and while the PSI is slightly lower, it's above the minimum rating for most foam cannons in both categories. I was able to get it on Amazon for $449.

There was one other contender seen on Amazon, Walmart and a couple other places online. It was supposedly a company called Vortex, and looked a lot like the BE 1515. It was rated at 1800psi and 1.8gpm while still using a 15a outlet and was only $288. I decided against this one because I didn't know the brand, and had a pretty strong feeling that if the big boys like AR, BE need 20a to get that kind of pressure then it must be a standard limitation and it probably doesn't actually deliver that pressure or it draws more than 15a.

Unfortunately, the units at this price point and power level don't provide a total stop system or autostop/start system. So what that means is any time the gun's going to be off for more than 30sec, I'll have to go back and shut the unit off. Minor inconvenience, but the more I thought about it shouldn't be an issue if I stick to my normal procedure.

The AR610 should be delivered today. I can't wait to try it out, I am finally going to get up and running this weekend and start the season. Have a white Mercedes GLK and a silver Cadillac Escalade and these will likely be the first real chance for me to stretch the AR610's legs.
    Joe Catanzaro
    JCDetails (RI Based Mobile Detailer)
    http://jcdetails.com

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Mobile guys -- Electric pressure washer running off of a Generator?

The Honda 2000i that I have has a dry weight of 45.6 lbs. Looking toward the future, if you need the AC or get a bigger trailer, you can get a second one (2000i companion) and run them in parallel for 4000W. Check here for specs and pricing.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567