autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carnauba Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Carnauba Wax

Hi, could someone please give me a review on the Dodo Juice Supernatural wax. Best Carnauba wax you have used :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Mike Phillips

Re: Carnauba Wax

You know... I've used this wax I the past but for the life of me I can't remember the car...

I'll have to do some Googling...

Dodo Juice waxes are all top notch in quality. Yancy and I visited their corporate headquarters in the UK, great people.

3. Thanks Mariana thanked for this post
    Likes Mariana, dlc95, Automoglow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    You know... I've used this wax I the past but for the life of me I can't remember the car...

I'll have to do some Googling...

Dodo Juice waxes are all top notch in quality. Yancy and I visited their corporate headquarters in the UK, great people.

Mike what is your favorite carnauba wax?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

It's an excellent wax as are all of DoDo's nubas, I have at least 7-8 of their waxes including super natural.

Light Fantastic is another great alternative.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

6. Thanks Mariana thanked for this post
    Likes Mariana, Goonie75, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dodo Juice Waxes are decent, however, I do feel there are better from 1st hand experience. I would look at Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax, Blackfire Midnight Sun, SON1C Phoenix and any of the Polish Angel Flake liquid waxes.

You can get ALL of these from AGO and their sister websites. There are a couple of more, however, PBMG does not carry them. The waxes I have mentioned are from 1st hand experience use.

Again, this is my opinion and others may have a different opinion and have had great experience with the Dodo Juice Brand.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

8. Thanks Mariana thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95, Mariana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FWIW. I'm waiting on supernatural in the mail. I really enjoy the looks of Dodo Juice waxes. I have 5 of them. Even Meguiars Gold is a good wax. Collinite. CG Concours 50/50 is smoothe to work with. Some might say depends on the look one is after. It's fun to do so we can't go wrong. Everything is temporary so the good part is we can put more on later... 😎

Sent from my SM-G935V using Autogeekonline mobile app

10. Thanks Mariana thanked for this post
    Likes Mariana liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I have all the Dodo Juice waxes apart from Supernatural and they are really nice, however find Collinite 915 and Pete’s 53 to have more depth.

12. Thanks Mariana thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just recently tried the Griots best of wax and liked it I also used CG butter wet wax and it was ok just didn't seem to have any longevity.

14. Thanks Mariana thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

McKees Trademark Carnauba and Pinnacle Souveran Signature Series II are a dead heat, at least in my experience. Just got some Jescar ColorLock for Christmas...will be giving that a shot as soon as the weather warms up a little

16. Thanks Mariana thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mariana View Post

Mike what is your favorite carnauba wax?
    For a show car going on display at a car show... if I'm going with Carnauba wax... then I'd go with Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax only I wouldn't follow the directions and wipe if off immediately, I would apply a thin coat, allow it to haze until it was dry and then carefully wipe it off.

The true key to paint perfection of course is in the prep work. If you do the prep work right then you can use any Top Shelf carnauba wax and get pro grade results and I and others have demonstrated this over and over again over the last 9+ years I've been with Autogeek.

I have a numbers matching orange 1969 Camaro 396 Big Block 4-speed car in the garage right now in Hugger Orange that my buddy Frank and Craig buffed out yesterday and the paint is absolutely glistening and there's no wax on it yet. In fact, all they did was compound it aggressively. That is after a waterless wash and claying to remove what I guess to be clear overspray paint.

After the waterless wash, we could feel bonded contaminants on the paint using the baggie test but nothing really showed up on white clay after claying. So that means the contaminants were likely clear as in probably some clear overspray paint.

I'll post a pictures of what wet paint looks like after a proper compounding.

But yeah... if I had to pick a single wax that I know would perform as expected, I'd go with Pinnacle Souveran Paste as it is very consistent in creating that deep wet shine.

18. Thanks Mariana thanked for this post
    Likes Mariana, Kamakaz1961 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast