Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
For a show car going on display at a car show... if I'm going with Carnauba wax... then I'd go with Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax only I wouldn't follow the directions and wipe if off immediately, I would apply a thin coat, allow it to haze until it was dry and then carefully wipe it off.

The true key to paint perfection of course is in the prep work. If you do the prep work right then you can use any Top Shelf carnauba wax and get pro grade results and I and others have demonstrated this over and over again over the last 9+ years I've been with Autogeek.

I have a numbers matching orange 1969 Camaro 396 Big Block 4-speed car in the garage right now in Hugger Orange that my buddy Frank and Craig buffed out yesterday and the paint is absolutely glistening and there's no wax on it yet. In fact, all they did was compound it aggressively. That is after a waterless wash and claying to remove what I guess to be clear overspray paint.

After the waterless wash, we could feel bonded contaminants on the paint using the baggie test but nothing really showed up on white clay after claying. So that means the contaminants were likely clear as in probably some clear overspray paint.

I'll post a pictures of what wet paint looks like after a proper compounding.

But yeah... if I had to pick a single wax that I know would perform as expected, I'd go with Pinnacle Souveran Paste as it is very consistent in creating that deep wet shine.

Mike thank you so much for you interest. I wanted to tell you that I am so excited to be attending your three day class in March, it’s like a dream come true!! I wanted to be there in February but, since I live in Colombia, I have to leave everything rolling around here and February is just around the corner so March it is Carnauba Wax!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app