autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CQUK difficultlies

CQuartz UK is supposed to be the same product as regular CQuartz but easier to apply in cold climates. BUT, I have read many times that the UK version is much more durable... I don't know why that is. Maybe CarPro could give you better answers than we can. I have never used CQuartz, when I first started installing Coatings I have read a few people having issues applying it. Since I don't have time for problems I chose an other product and never looked back. But as far as I know, the regular version is very sensitive to application temperature and humidity, that is why they came out with the UK version...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    I've used both and Cquartz TIO just isn't my cup of tea. It does provide a nice gloss and what not but it just doesn't have the same nice look at Cquartz UK nor the durability of UK.
    Agree with you on the looks as UK looks better on darker paints. I find TiO2 looks better on light colors like white or silver probably due to the TiO2 in the product along with the SiO2.

Quote Originally Posted by parshisa View Post
    So, when you say TIO2, do you mean regular CQuartz? I’m getting confused a bit as I don’t see it anywhere on the packaging. I got 50ml of this stuff I was planning to get use on my pilot (although pretty much half of the car is already corrected and coated with CQUK). Do you think they will look different on the same car? How’s my layers of regular CQ would you suggest to apply?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

TiO2

UK

Post Thanks / Like

The difference between cquartz classic and cquartz UK is that classic has tio2 in it with sio2. And cquk has a higher concentration of sio2 and no tio2 and the sio2 has more durability than tio2 which has more reflection capability to it. Cquartz UK was developed for the UK climate which is very moisture and more rain. And a higher concentration of sio2 and no tio2 took care of that. Plus they made it to be able to apply it in lower temperature I think. But the big reason was for the weather climate and sio2 is harder and more resistant to that climate. Which is alot like south of Sweden but we have a lower temps in winter but cquk works great here plus it's very chemical resistant as we use tfr and tar remover alot. For what road salt desolves that is on the roads and bonds strong to the paint. And we need to use much of this stuff to get a safe washing.

4. Thanks Avi@CarPro, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback. Yesterday I was doing another car and used Essense as a primer and it made a HUGE difference. Coating went on so much smoother and wiping off was much easier. On the other hand, I got a 50ml of regular CQ I’ll be using. How different is it from CQUK? I believe I have to wait for it flash before wiping it off? Any tips you could share?

Cquartz flash little slower now then CQUK , but not much, you need to feel the surface rather than looking if it flash, once it get tacky feeling , light sticky , start wiping off, at average 20C deg ( 68 F ) is about 1 min .
    waiting to flash , dry on surface will be too late and hard to wipe.

So, when you say TIO2, do you mean regular CQuartz? I’m getting confused a bit as I don’t see it anywhere on the packaging. I got 50ml of this stuff I was planning to get use on my pilot (although pretty much half of the car is already corrected and coated with CQUK). Do you think they will look different on the same car? How’s my layers of regular CQ would you suggest to apply?

We use portion of Tio2 inside the Cquartz, in usa they call it cquartz Tio2 , but its the actual cquartz classic we started doing 7 years ago, the Tio2 give the coat more reflective , a gloss you could say.

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    CQuartz UK is supposed to be the same product as regular CQuartz but easier to apply in cold climates. BUT, I have read many times that the UK version is much more durable... I don't know why that is. Maybe CarPro could give you better answers than we can. I have never used CQuartz, when I first started installing Coatings I have read a few people having issues applying it. Since I don't have time for problems I chose an other product and never looked back. But as far as I know, the regular version is very sensitive to application temperature and humidity, that is why they came out with the UK version...
    CQUK is more chemicals resist vs Cquartz has more deeper gloss .

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    The difference between cquartz classic and cquartz UK is that classic has tio2 in it with sio2. And cquk has a higher concentration of sio2 and no tio2 and the sio2 has more durability than tio2 which has more reflection capability to it. Cquartz UK was developed for the UK climate which is very moisture and more rain. And a higher concentration of sio2 and no tio2 took care of that. Plus they made it to be able to apply it in lower temperature I think. But the big reason was for the weather climate and sio2 is harder and more resistant to that climate. Which is alot like south of Sweden but we have a lower temps in winter but cquk works great here plus it's very chemical resistant as we use tfr and tar remover alot. For what road salt desolves that is on the roads and bonds strong to the paint. And we need to use much of this stuff to get a safe washing.
    Thank you, well said, even better than me :-) in Sweden, Canada, Norway and UK CQUK perform very well in the hard winter times.

6. Likes LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for the replies, very much helpful! It’ll be interesting to see if the difference between two will be noticeable - I’ve applied CQUK to 4 panels on my wife’s pilot already, the rest will get regular CQ. I’ll post with with pictures and observations once i’m done (it will be another couple of weeks though, looking forward for the days off lol). Again, thanks y’all

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12