autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rupes MarkII

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes MarkII

In that last two weeks, I have purchased both a 15 Mk II and a 3401. Granted, my experience with both of them has been limited but I have no problem saying that they're two different animals. The Rupes is so incredibly refined and smooth, it's just a total joy to use. The Flex on the other hand is a beast that will probably cut through anything that you throw at it with the proper pad. After a few hours of usage, I was tired and my arms were getting sore but man oh man does it have some cojones.

I am doing a full correction in the next few weeks on a highly neglected 06 Ford Focus. The car belongs to my Fiance's Grandmother and it has sat outside it's entire life and only sees two or three automatic washes a year. I will be making an initial attack with the 3401 and once I cut through all the oxidation, I'll be making a 2nd pass with the Rupes to polish and finish it out.
    Chase
    Mine: 2017 GMC Sierra SLT Z71, 6.2L Crew Cab
    Hers: 2016 Ford Escape Titanium 2.0 EcoBoost

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes MarkII

Quote Originally Posted by Chase.Barnett View Post
    In that last two weeks, I have purchased both a 15 Mk II and a 3401. Granted, my experience with both of them has been limited but I have no problem saying that they're two different animals. The Rupes is so incredibly refined and smooth, it's just a total joy to use. The Flex on the other hand is a beast that will probably cut through anything that you throw at it with the proper pad. After a few hours of usage, I was tired and my arms were getting sore but man oh man does it have some cojones.

I am doing a full correction in the next few weeks on a highly neglected 06 Ford Focus. The car belongs to my Fiance's Grandmother and it has sat outside it's entire life and only sees two or three automatic washes a year. I will be making an initial attack with the 3401 and once I cut through all the oxidation, I'll be making a 2nd pass with the Rupes to polish and finish it out.
    It's a nice combo, the 3401 and Rupes 15. Flex with M101 on gray Force Hybrid pad can do some serious heavy lifting quickly and much easier than something like M105. I prefer SMAT products with Flec cuz I don't wanna be wrestling around any more than necessary working thru a DAT cycle with the Flex, especially when using the 6.5" Pads.

Then enjoy the smooth refinement with the Rupes. Great combo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12