autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is the master Air Force Master Blaster 8-HP Worth 400$ ?

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    looks like this guy made his own cart to drag it around. kinda defeats the purpose of buying a machine that expensive and also having to use a thicker extension gauge cord to operate it as well. to each his/her own i guess...
    That's not exactly what I had in mind as far as a cart. That's like one step above nothing. No set up to wrap the hose or cord up. So, once again, the hose is dragging around on the ground.

Put a pole on that with a loop at the top (5 ft high?) so you could pull it around with out bending over and thread the hose through the loop - maybe a little better. Bigger/better wheels too.

Plus, put wash/rinse buckets @ 2-3 ft (You'ld have to lower the vacuum and put them on top). A place to hang rags and spray bottles.

Walla! A rinse wash rig.

Post Thanks / Like

I use my echo leaf blower and it works great. Cost me $250 but I use it all year long keeping my landscape tip-top and blow light snow off the cars too so well worth the money.
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ntwillie1 View Post
    I use my echo leaf blower and it works great. Cost me $250 but I use it all year long keeping my landscape tip-top and blow light snow off the cars too so well worth the money.
    Must be good for that price. Does it have a short neck that the air blows out of? Or long?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fox body View Post
    Hi guys , i really think about buying
    a Master blaster i was wondering if
    it's really worth the price ?
    IMO:
    Determining whether or not something is
    worth its price tag is dependent on many
    factors; (for example: expendable income;
    status symbol.)

Then again:
    Some folks aren’t happy until they’ve
    upgraded to something like the 10hp
    Binford 6100 Hand Held Electric Blower...

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

5. Likes gti14 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the master Air Force Master Blaster 8-HP Worth 400$ ?

I have one in like new condition...Please - someone in NE PA come and take it off my hands.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I have one in like new condition...Please - someone in NE PA come and take it off my hands.
    sent you a private message

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post

GFCI (what I meant - not GCFI) is the plug that comes on literally everything that gets plugged in that is remotely meant to be used around water: hairdryers, pressure washers, Shurhold DA polisher (boats), etc.. It's much quicker and more precise than relying on a circuit breaker if something electrical gets wet...Like say yr hose bursts sitting on the ground unattended and starts squirting all over yr Master Blaster while yr 30 feet away wielding that humongous hose.

And on the other hand, you can buy 5 pretty nice shop vacs for the price of 1 MB. One to vacuum, one to dry, one to hang on the wall and stare at, one as a backup, and one to polish...

Obviously, I have no love for my MB.
    After reading your explanation, it’s mind boggling that it doesn’t come with this kind of plug... They sat down at the round table to discuss any possible things they might’ve forgot, but no 1 thought of this. Is the master Air Force Master Blaster 8-HP Worth 400$ ?lol.

Post Thanks / Like

The problem with those would be the power the unit consumes. I’m sure the company recommends connection on a reliable GFCI outlet/circuit.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the master Air Force Master Blaster 8-HP Worth 400$ ?

I own both the MB and the side. Kick. It just depends on what you want to do with it. The side kick gets the most use because it more convenient to grab and go. I use it dry out cracks and crevices of the vehicle while towel drying. It’s also good for light air purging interiors. I pull out the big boy for drying engine compartments and for air purging truly destroyed interiors. I’m glad I own the big one when I need it, just like my large carpet extractor but with my side kick (or my steamer) I don’t need to pull those big boys out all the time. If your doing this for money then sure go Big. But for personal use no. Also, you can dry a car with it but only a well waxed one. It can be time consuming chasing those drips around also.

Post Thanks / Like

The Sidekick gets a lot faster when you use it with a 16" towel. No chasing drips. Knock off 80 percent of the water and then combine the blower with the towel. Pretty quick and easy.

I will get the MB at some point. The Sidekick is nice. But the MB on the right setup, would be a lot better. You have to get it on a rig that works though. Easy to pull around the car, the hose coming off the rig at the right height, setup on the rig for everything you need to complete the dry (and maybe the wash too), and quick/easy way to roll up cord/hose.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234