autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

KNEE PADS..... $150 dollar budget please advise, help, opinions.

I did try searching but came up with a few different ideas behind knee pads..... pants with knee pads built in, a knee pad cushion autogeek sells to carry around etc.... I personally think a NICE pair of knee pads I can strap to my knees would be ideal.... only because that's one less thing to carry around as they are strapped to my knees. I would love to hear all opinions on what knee pads are ideal for you all.... I personally have a bad left knee that is bone on bone.... tore my ACL about 19 years ago without any surgery to correct the issue. I need KNEE SUPPORT and comfort. Not interested in spending 20 dollars on something that might be a waste the more I try to use them. Thank you all for your thoughts.

p.s. I do realize my $150 dollar budget is high.....but the price I will pay to keep a knee replacement from the near future..... I will definitely invest what it takes for best knee protection. Thank you! any thoughts on these motorcycle knee pads? lol anyway there are too many options! https://www.amazon.com/EVS-Sports-TP...ords=knee+pads

Post Thanks / Like

Re: KNEE PADS..... $150 dollar budget please advise, help, opinions.

I don’t blame you for not wanting cheap pads. I got the cheap ones from big box store.

The one request I got from interior gal was: “get rid of these knee pads and get me some really good knee pads, or your doing all the interiors for now on!”

So I am on the same quest as you.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

I have a pair of Rupes Bigfoot Knee Pads and they work great but I personally don't feel comfortable wearing knee pads while detailing. I like using the Autogeek Knee N' Back Pad. https://www.autogeek.net/autogeek-knee-n-back-pad.html

4. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply LSNAutoDetailing! I hope now that there are two of us we can get some good solid opinions on all the different pad options people have already tried out....what they would and wouldn't use again etc... If we are planning on kneeling down at a full time job we sure better have some of the best PPE available to keep us intact! :b Thanks for the chime in and I hope to see some opinions and thoughts pour in to help us out!

p.s. love the avatar!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Might look at the Snap-On knee pads.... There jell filled and my lube tech. and mechanics use them all day long.
    I think there about $100 bucks.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the problems with durable knee ads like Snap On or Alta is that they use rivets to attach the hard shells onto the pads. The rivets are recessed but it they can still scratch your paint. If you already wear blue jeans or shows with exposed rivets and don't worry about it, then Alta makes good knee pads. I use a memory foam boat cushion.

Post Thanks / Like

I use 2x2 foam rubber pads. I've tried the ones that strap to your legs, they're just too irritating for me. My knees are pretty good though. So, I don't know how the 1/2 inch thick pads would work for someone with problems. Maybe look at one of those thicker mats for standing on all day. You would probably need to modify with some sort of strap/handle to grab and pull so you could move it quicker.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the old foam rubber mats that they used between carpet and the concrete at my in laws gymnastic facility.

It’s probably about 2” thick and fairly firm. I have one that’s about 1’x2’ that I use for kneeling on while vacuuming the footwells, and another that’s 2’x3’ that i use to kneel and scrub the floor mats on. I occasionally use them to sit on too for low work and always lie on them for oil changes and such.

I really don’t like kneeling and would rather sit on the ground or lean down while sitting on a bucket.

Have you thought about the rolling stools at all?

https://www.autogeek.net/detailing-supplies-cart.html

Post Thanks / Like

I love my AG Knee N Back pad:

Review: Autogeek Knee N’ Back Pad

Super pad.

Post Thanks / Like

My experiences from knee pads come from tactical use but a company called Hatch makes a very comfortable pair of knee pads made from neoprene and they use velcro instead of the hard rivets to attach. I wore those and I wore the hard shelled ones as well, both work well for impact which was what I had them for but the neoprene hatch ones were a lot more comfortable.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast