autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Lubing up the Makita PO5000C

Hello All,

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! My wife bought me the new Makita and when I took off the backing plate I noticed there was only a tiny bit of lube where the behind the backing plate where it screws into place.

My question, where should I lube up the Makita to keep it well maintained? This is my first gear driven polisher and I want to make sure I maintain it properly.

Thank you in advance for your advice!

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the holiday season!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lubing up the Makita PO5000C

First: If you do go forward and it doesn't work out well don't come around here saying it was my idea. You're on your own, your mileage will vary, I have no idea if you can even dress yourself so none of this is my fault. ;o)

In order to grease that machine you'll have to void your warranty. Go to the Makita website and look at the exploded view. If you can see from that how to take the machine apart then you can try it if you want. I'd suggest you contact Makita regarding what grease to use.

If you can't see from the exploded view how to take the machine apart, then don't do it. When I take things apart, I take pictures before and after each step and I put the parts down in the order I take them off so I have the order of reassembly laid out right there.

The machine should be running fine for at least 6 months before you'll even maybe need to service it. It could go a whole lot longer depending on your use.

Good luck,
    RSW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RSW View Post
    First: If you do go forward and it doesn't work out well don't come around here saying it was my idea. You're on your own, your mileage will vary, I have no idea if you can even dress yourself so none of this is my fault. ;o)

In order to grease that machine you'll have to void your warranty. Go to the Makita website and look at the exploded view. If you can see from that how to take the machine apart then you can try it if you want. I'd suggest you contact Makita regarding what grease to use.

If you can't see from the exploded view how to take the machine apart, then don't do it. When I take things apart, I take pictures before and after each step and I put the parts down in the order I take them off so I have the order of reassembly laid out right there.

The machine should be running fine for at least 6 months before you'll even maybe need to service it. It could go a whole lot longer depending on your use.

Good luck,
    RSW
    Thank you for the advice!

As far as dressing myself, depends on if you ask me or my wife! Lol

I may experiment down the road and take it apart just so I can maintain it properly. Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    Thank you for the advice!

As far as dressing myself, depends on if you ask me or my wife! Lol

I may experiment down the road and take it apart just so I can maintain it properly. Thanks again!

Glad you appreciated the joke. It's not that hard to take apart so message me if you want.

All the best.
    RSW

5. Thanks DETAILROOKIE thanked for this post