autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ceramic Coating - Diamond Plate by Simoniz

Simonize paste came out in 1910 . motorist wise simonize was the slogan. It wasent that hard if you put it on a small area , and wipe it fast.

2. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks to be a 20-25$ a bottle on eBay and Amazon. Pretty cheap for a coating...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Diamond plate is there newest offering the previous version was called “glass coat” I use it a few time people pirated on eBay it was only lasting 6 months it did not have the legs but I’ve never used diamond plate

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mgavin1985 View Post
    Diamond plate is there newest offering the previous version was called “glass coat” I use it a few time people pirated on eBay it was only lasting 6 months it did not have the legs but I’ve never used diamond plate
    Your right.... all that stuff is glass coat. Diamond plate 80$ for 60ml. Videos says it has 2 year guarantee....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Closest thread I could find to the intended topic.

Simoniz Glass Coat applied at the dealership on a new vehicle. The maserati to be exact. First time I have ever done this. Supposedly has a 5 year warranty. Not super happy with the prep that was done underneath it as car had been on the lot quite a bit of time. Are there any special do's and don't to consider when detailing over the top of this stuff? If you detail over it, how can there ever be any issues with the warranty? etc I feel like if I do a proper 3 step detail to fine tune surfaces, I will basically be removing this product?? Knowing what I have learned in the past few months, I will probably never waste this money again as many of the new SiO2 coatings are far superior. Live and learn!
    2018 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider Competizione Red, 2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrofoglio, Alfa Rosso, 2021.5 Range Rover Westminster, Portofino Blue 2016 Maserati GTS, MC Int, Ext Campio Blue, 2013 Lotus Evora IPS, Solar Yellow; 2011 Lotus Evora S, Persian Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davidlg16 View Post
    Anyone heard of this one?

I wanted opticoat pro+, but detailer didn't have it, so I ended up with this applied for about $500, supposedly have 2yr warranty.
    will see how long it lasts, if anything will likely prep/recoat next time with opticoat pro
    Simonize and Jax tend to go after auto dealerships, etc. Never used the product but dealers toss the name Simonize out there like it's the greatest thing ever. Yawn. I'd be interested in how your dealer stands behind the "guarantee" In the world of car dealerships (i grew up in the business) such things were popular in the 80's and 90's and underwritten of course but mainly for "acid rain" damage, etc. Remember that fad?

Anyway, I'm sure it's fine for a 1-2 year stint on your vehicle and $500 is not bad depending on what was done and what type of vehicle. I have a number of different packages and offerings but the prices for a coating on a large sedan like Charger would range from roughly, $475 at the low end to a more typical $600-$700 for the typical and upwards of $1k for a Signature Level Perfection. Most are in the $600-700 range.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Should I leave things alone for a year or 2 or can I do my seasonal detail over the top of it??
    2018 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider Competizione Red, 2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrofoglio, Alfa Rosso, 2021.5 Range Rover Westminster, Portofino Blue 2016 Maserati GTS, MC Int, Ext Campio Blue, 2013 Lotus Evora IPS, Solar Yellow; 2011 Lotus Evora S, Persian Blue

Post Thanks / Like

outside a topper/detail spray I wouldn't do anything. car may need a light nano mitt use over time but use soapy water and a very light touch.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Guess I will leave her be till the beading fades away.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought some “black market l” Simonize glass coat which was the previous version coating. The 5 year. It was on eBay 60mls for $15 goes on like opti gloss coat easy lasts about year not great beading but easy cleaning on a daily I would not pay 500 for this but I consider it a win at price I paid I think a bought 4 bottles for $60 so that why I’m saying 15 per bottle. Exactly like opti gloss coat 90 percent flash off and a quick wipe over with single towel and cars done. Durability is maybe a year

*just bought a 60ml on eBay to tinker with I want to put a purposeful high spot on to see how hard it is to polish off and want to put on glass to see what it leaves behind. Just got one for 14 plus 4 shipping so 18 to tinker with

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast