autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Stoner's Speed Bead Spray Wax vs Speed Bead Quick Detailer

A few weeks back I purchased Speed Bead Spray Wax by Stoner's. I had read rave reviews of Speed Bead on AG regarding how awesome of a product it was in regards to price and performance. A true sleeper product if you will.

However,I think the product I was reading about was the Quick Detailer after going back and looking on the forum. What I purchased was the aerosol Spray Wax which has gotten some great reviews in it's own right. I think time was running out on me on this particular Autogeek sale,and I didn't order what I intended.

The hydrophobic properties (beading) of the detailer,and it's ease of use,seem to be it's main selling point. Is the Spray Wax intended to be more of an LSP,and does it have the same hydrophobic properties as the quick detailer? The trigger spray of the detailer has got to be easier to use vs an aerosol. Aerosols can be tons of fun to apply if there is more than even a slight breeze.

I will probably go full Autogeeker and buy the detailer as well! LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stoner's Speed Bead Spray Wax vs Speed Bead Quick Detailer

No better time to buy than now.. 20% off + free shipping no minimum.

Post Thanks / Like

I only have experience with the trigger quick detailer (which i consider to be more ofa spray wax), but I imagine the performance of the aerosol version to be similar if not better than the trigger spray. Really can't go wrong with either and I personally would be happy to have both in my arsenal.

Also be aware that Stoner has switched to new labeling and the aerosol version is now referred to as "cleaner wax" but the product is still the same as when it was referred to as "One-Step Quick Wax" to the best of my knowledge.

Here is a reflection I managed to capture on my daily driven white cts after using the quick detailer as a drying aid:

Stoner's Speed Bead Spray Wax vs Speed Bead Quick Detailer-ssb3-jpg

Really is top-notch stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used both. The aerosol wax is indeed a decent product. Cleans too. A bit of a learning curve tho. Found it best spread out with a MF applicator, then buff. The liquid speed bead detailer is the bomb. A real hidden gem. I used it both on a dry surface and as a drying aid. Top notch stuff.

Stoner speed bead wax.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...r-sleeper.html
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Well,it was a bit over 8 bucks shipped so I pulled the trigger on the Speed Bead Detailer also. Pun intended. This could be the bargain of the century if it performs as well as people say it does! Sleeper product indeed.

Post Thanks / Like

You're going to love the QD. I bought some a couple months ago when it was BOGO and it really does live up to the hype. Provides excellent gloss/slickness upon application and some really nice beading.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought some to try out to compare it to my favorite, Meguires UQD. Which do you guys think works better?

Post Thanks / Like

Bumping up an old topic...

Put the Speed Bead detailer spray on my daily driver 2-3 weeks ago. We have had some pretty decent rain,but this product is already about done. Car hasn't been driven in the rain much either. I never got the nice tight beading either. I only paid 6 bucks or so,but this product kinda let me down. It did look good and leave a slick finish at first though.

Post Thanks / Like

I applied this product again a week ago. It rained quite a bit yesterday and some today. This product is already done again. It is cheap and looks good,but it has not provided the beading and durability.