So, I've recently purchased Highlinemeter II PTG just to have a better understanding of my cars as well as some one else's in case I ever do commercial detailing. Anyway, I have to admit that it was a great purchase...First of all, I've discovered that two panels on my brand new (picked up with 10mi) Civic has two panels that at some point of it's life were re-sprayed. All panel checked out at 110-130 microns were rear left quarter panel as well as well as let passenger door 210-260. Probably it wasn't a dealer because they had the car in their possession only 3 days before I picked it up. I've contacted them yesterday, they tried to track it down but no signs of any repairs neither in Honda plant in UK nor in US after it arrived...I'm not too concerned about it as you can't tell by just looking at it and I would've never known if not the gauge. Getting free floor mats for inconvenience. yay

I've also checked my Pilot's paint and found it to be on a thinner side. Some spots on the panels measured as low as 90-95 microns. I've polished that car once with Menz 2500 and hex logic orange pad with PC so I'm not sure how much paint was removed at that stage ( I doubt it was a lot and likely the paint is thin from the factory).

With all that said, I'll be doing paint correction on both cars. Even though they were maintained and washed properly there's still a wash marring as well light swirls. As a LSP I'll be using Cquartz for Civic and CQUK for Pilot. I've got quite a few polishes on hand - Menz 3500, Sonax PF, CarPro Essense, Meg205 as well some heavier stuff such as GG Fast correcting cream and GG Correction cream. My tool of choice will be Flex 3401, pad selection - orange LC force pad as well as white CG hex logic.

Asking for some feedback from you guys out there who had some hands on experience with honda paints. what polish/pad selection you used and how were the results? also, how do paint measurements look to you? I feel good about civic although pilot numbers make me feel uncomfortable with anything but finishing polish rubbing against the paint.

Thanks for your time reading this and appreciate your comments.