autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Topping a Glass/ceramic coat with aquapel

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post

Bob
    Nah, don't believe mfg claims/hype much, what I do believe though is what I see with my own two eyes...although that may change from day to day. Consistency is boring...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Nah, don't believe mfg claims/hype much,

what I do believe though is what I see
    with my own two eyes...although that
    may change from day to day.

Consistency is boring...

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

3. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I always liked to layer even though their is no proof of layering being effective. I have always done sealnt then wax don’t know if it legitimately worked but it was something I enjoyed and it was a continuous experiment. With coating I do believe layering has more footing and that coating you can not mixing everything together like a Sealant or hybrid I believe the durability of coating is because it a single concept or chemical like SIO2 focused or in Gloss Coat case it’s SIC carbide. With coating you may be able to have different specific layers based on different bonds or characteristics or purposes or main polymers. I bought into the big companies marketing you can have a base ceramic/glass coating and the second layer could possibly stick to the base coat if it was capabile it could stay on top of base coating but would have to designed for that purpose and may not be effective on a normal clearcoat as it would on a coating or it would be a streaky mess and wash off the quickly. Or at least that’s what I tell myself when I’m punching in my credit card information as soon as autogeek dangles a 15% or free shipping promo. It a interesting concept of specific coating for specific purposes.

Post Thanks / Like

The paint coating on my car beads way better than the aquapel on the windshield does. I "top" the coating all the time with everything from using detail sprays/spray waxes as drying aids to a ceramic specific detail spray with no ill effects. It doesn't really matter what you put on top of it cause it won't last anyway. I just do it cause I have the stuff sitting in the garage and I might as well use it. I think you're over thinking it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sixsix View Post
    The paint coating on my car beads way better than the aquapel on the windshield does. I "top" the coating all the time with everything from using detail sprays/spray waxes as drying aids to a ceramic specific detail spray with no ill effects. It doesn't really matter what you put on top of it cause it won't last anyway. I just do it cause I have the stuff sitting in the garage and I might as well use it. I think you're over thinking it.
    Yea I have been trying different things already on hand some working some streak most Lasting 1-2 weeks. I want to try the aquapel but it has strong solvents I saw that in post prior from the data sheet. It showed a ton of solvent. the other thing I was thinking might be worth a try is diluting essence plus by adding it to distilled water to make a topper type spray detailor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12