autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Leather care for black seats

I tried something from Autozone or Carquest or somewhere and it made my black leather fade a little. I immediately tossed it, and now scared of cleaning my seats. I don't remember the name but it was a liquid I wiped on with a towel. I had found Mckees 70/30 which seems great because it's an all in one, but I'm open for recommendations please. The car has over 100k on it and I'm sure could use some cleaning and softness again.
    It's a Nissan leather if that helps at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leather care for black seats

DO NOT BUY CG Spayable Leather. It's the worst! Slick, slippery, shiny, and squeaky.

Post Thanks / Like

If it’s a Nissan it’s not really leather, it’s a placticized leather...or pleather. Use something that is good for leather and vinyl. I’ve have good luck with 303 Leather & Vinyl Cleaner.

2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti
    2017 Honda CTX700
    IG- alfaromeogiulia.palmbeach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisT View Post
    If it’s a Nissan it’s not really leather, it’s a placticized leather...or pleather. Use something that is good for leather and vinyl. I’ve have good luck with 303 Leather & Vinyl Cleaner.
    You sure ? It is LE package if that helps. I had read up a while ago and thought I read it was "Genuine leather" ?

I had been looking at Megs D180 or Mckees 70/30 because of good reviews and my wife's car is leather so i could use on both our vehicles.

Or should i stick to something like Poor Boys Natural Look, it says it cleans leather rubber vinyl etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Leather care for black seats

Quote Originally Posted by 01AUDI View Post
    You sure ? It is LE package if that helps. I had read up a while ago and thought I read it was "Genuine leather" ?

I had been looking at Megs D180 because of good reviews and my wife's car is leather so i could use on both our vehicles.

Or should i stick to something like Poor Boys Natural Look, it says it cleans leather rubber vinyl etc.
    Here’s a tip that’ll save you some time as you can pick it up locally, money, and the commitment of buying a whole gallon of product before knowing if you’ll really love it or not.
    Go to your nearby place and pick up some Meguiars Gold Class Leather Cleaner & Conditioner Spray or their Gold Class Leather Wipes [whichever application you prefer best] as those 2 products will produce the same finished result as D180 will.

The only differences are the scent [they smell totally different but they both smell good] and the the consistency of the product. Spray liquid and wipes vs. the lotion of D180. But as far as finished look and cleaning ability, IMO the exact same. Hope this helps.

Best of all they’re guaranteed not to dry your seats out like that bad stuff you experienced.

Post Thanks / Like

This is immediately after application. Notice they both leave the same finish. Don't worry, the shine calms down within a couple of hrs. to an ideal conditioned finish. [no need to knock it down with a final wipe]

Post Thanks / Like

thanks a lot Eldorado! I actually have used that before so I know exactly what to expect now. Great picture comparison too

8. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 01AUDI View Post

I had been looking at Megs D180 or Mckees 70/30 because of good reviews and my wife's car is leather so i could use on both our vehicles.

They may have a base of real leather but that base is pigmented, painted, and then coated (plasticized). More than 90% of production cars are.

Dont tell the dealers or product companies that you know though. Especially the product companies. They want to keep selling everyone leather-specific products when a good vinyl product will do. If you sell the Nissan and buy a Rolls, Maybach, ignore this.

2017 Honda CTX700

Post Thanks / Like

so can i use Mckees 70/30 or stick to the PoorBoys Natural Look since it cleans leather, vinyl etc?

Post Thanks / Like

Either. McKees says it’s good for coated leather.

2017 Honda CTX700

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast