autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bought this pressure washer..... but it won't pull from a tank of water... Any help on what pressure washer will?

I bought this at home depot but I need a pressure washer that will pull water from my mobile tank of water rather than a running hose. I'm not familiar with pressure washers so I just bought this one based off of it's specs and the Honda GX200 motor... I do need it to be able to pull water from my 100 gallon tank. Any ideas? I spent $600 on this one and I can still return it.. https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-H...3425/204663857

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bought this pressure washer..... but it won't pull from a tank of water... Any help on what pressure washer will?

It should and will pull from a soap bucket, but only with the blue nozzle tip. Mine is similar and will only pull from a bucket with the black nozzle tip.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bought this pressure washer..... but it won't pull from a tank of water... Any help on what pressure washer will?

Hey Kevin thanks for the reply!! Well I guess my (noob) question is.... Should I return this and pay a little more for something that would pull better from a standing water source? As 200-300 more dollars wouldn't be too bad if it made the difference of being more efficient or better designed from pulling water from a standing tank source....? Thanks for the reply and please anyone else have some pressure washer knowledge? Wouldn't mind a few opinions as I am very stumped on what pressure washer to go with....water tank and hose reel... i'll keep searching information and asking questions

Post Thanks / Like

Are you going to be running a generator on your mobile setup? If so, you can run a water pump to create pressure at the pressure washer water inlet and you would not need a pressure washer that has the ability to draw water from an unpressureized source.

Retired Professional Detailer

5. Thanks kb2ehj thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply zmcgovern45! So I could just keep the pressure washer I have (it's still a good option in your opinion?) and then just buy a special water pump? Yes I actually just picked up my generator last night.... I will be running a Honda eu3000is for power.... Please let me know what sort of water pump would work if you're knowledgeable in that area, I would appreciate it! Also do you know what would be a nice 50ft. hose / hose reel for my setup? Mine says the hose is a 9/32" and when I research hose reels I see a lot of 1/4" and or 3/8".... what is 9/32" ? almost the same as 1/4 Thank you!

7. Thanks kb2ehj thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like your unit uses 2.5 GPM of water, so you need a pump that can provide more than 2.5 GPM of water.

This is probably overkill for your needs as it is capable of 1500 GPH (25 GPM), but something along these lines....
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Superior...0050/206511870

Here is a smaller pump...
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Superior...0040/206511906

Then you would need to purchase the appropriate fittings and hoses to plumb everything together from tank to pump to PW... I'm sure if you go to your hardware store and ask a knowledgeable employee about what you are trying to accomplish they can direct you.

...At the end of the day, it might just be easier to purchase a PW that can pull water from a static water source. Just depends what type of project you're up for I suppose.

9. Thanks josher thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow thanks for all the great information and quick reply! I certainly appreciate it! From the sounds of it, I think it would be pretty easy to return this HomeDepot Pressure washer I bought and opt for another one that can draw water ALREADY rather than having to piece by piece it all together..... With that being said what am I looking for in a pressure washer with the ability to draw water from a tank? What piece of hardware is it? I was obviously mistaken when I bought this one from HomeDepot and it saying AAA Triplex pump... I thought that meant it could pump the water from an external tank of water. If the Pressure washer units are too much more than 600 dollars I'll get a pump... If I can find one for $900 or less I will buy a new unit

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    Looks like your unit uses 2.5 GPM of water, so you need a pump that can provide more than 2.5 GPM of water.

This is probably overkill for your needs as it is capable of 1500 GPH (25 GPM), but something along these lines....
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Superior...0050/206511870

Here is a smaller pump...
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Superior...0040/206511906

Then you would need to purchase the appropriate fittings and hoses to plumb everything together from tank to pump to PW... I'm sure if you go to your hardware store and ask a knowledgeable employee about what you are trying to accomplish they can direct you.

...At the end of the day, it might just be easier to purchase a PW that can pull water from a static water source. Just depends what type of project you're up for I suppose.

Post Thanks / Like

You need a unit with a direct drive pump that can draw water in from a static source (ie does not need a pressurized water source). Don't be mistaken if a unit says it can siphon chemicals, that is not the same. I'd recommend contacting a local pressure washer supplier other than a general hardware store, or a specialty store like pressurewashersdirect.com

12. Thanks josher thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again ZMC! I have found one pressure washer in particular that looks enticing to me.... it has the Honda GX200 motor.... already skid mounted... Viper pump so it should pump from a tank if I am now accurate? Seems to be a good option for only $200 more than the one I just returned. After I get this one (if i do and if you don't think it's a bad choice) I will still need to get a 50' or 100' hose + reel and a water tank (still unsure of size) What's your opinion on this unit if you don't mind me asking https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lg...405582471.html

Post Thanks / Like

Your Dewalt pressure washer should be able to pull water from your tank with no problem. No water pump needed.

I have the same Honda engine with a General pump, 2700 psi @ 3gpm and I have it hooked up directly to my 65 gallon water tank with no water pump and it runs great.

A local pressure washer place hooked it up for me and they have been building rigs for detailers and pressure washing businesses for years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast