autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Anybody worked on modern Jaguar paint? 2015 BRG F-Type R coming soon

Looking to see if anyone's got some experience with modern Jaguar paints to help me narrow in on what to use. I'm obviously going to test spot it, but figured I'd try to draw on the experience here on the forum.

I've got my father's 2015 British Racing Green (not true BRG, metallic on this one) F type R that will be getting the royal treatment here in a couple weeks. It's been parked up for the winter and I'm going to give it a once-over and some power lock loving.

It's got some very light swirling and scratching (drag marks/wipe marks) that's mostly visible and basic research shows me that Jag typically has pretty soft paint. Initially I'm thinking Jescar finishing polish and/or Menzerna 3800 with a white or orange thinpro should be able to do the trick. I'm thinking Rupes UHS may be too aggressive and I don't think it's going to need a compounding step to put it right. But then it dawned on me that I don't know whether they use UHS clear or not.

Any recent experience on Jaguar paint, specifically their BRG?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anybody worked on modern Jaguar paint? 2015 BRG F-Type R coming soon

I have a 2016 F type in Glacier white. I had luck with an orange pad with Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover. The car had very minor swirls nothing deep at all. I followed up with a white pad and was satisfied with the results. I may have been able to go further but since I was content I didn’t want to take off too much. The paint is thin, I’ll post a picture of the measurements when I go down to the garage.

On the F type forums someone commented that if a leaf falls on the car it will scratch. While I don’t think it’s that bad, the paint is soft. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Measurements in microns...

Top of the hood

Upper most corner of the hood

Rear of the car

Side panel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have only detailed 1 F-Type so far, and it was a brand new car. Did a wash then applied CarPro PowerLock for the client. So I could not comment on the paint hardness for you (sorry). There are a lot of nook and crannies as well as a few curves on that car, so the 21 mm throw DAs are probably a bad idea. You will likelly want a small pad like a 3 inch to do some of the parts as well.

That is one very nice car. I felt priviledged to work on it. So enjoy yourself Also, on such a nice car, after taking the time to polish it... you don't want to coat it?

Post Thanks / Like

I did a blue metallic XJL I think it was a 2013-14 and it corrected with a orange pad and Menzerna pf2500.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    I have only detailed 1 F-Type so far, and it was a brand new car. Did a wash then applied CarPro PowerLock for the client. So I could not comment on the paint hardness for you (sorry). There are a lot of nook and crannies as well as a few curves on that car, so the 21 mm throw DAs are probably a bad idea. You will likelly want a small pad like a 3 inch to do some of the parts as well.

That is one very nice car. I felt priviledged to work on it. So enjoy yourself Also, on such a nice car, after taking the time to polish it... you don't want to coat it?
    It’s my fathers, and he’s the type to like to go out and hit it with some spray wax from time to time. My original plan was kamikaze miyabi+ism but I have a feeling the altered maintenance requirements would be too much for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Joe Catanzaro
    JCDetails (RI Based Mobile Detailer)
    http://jcdetails.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justin at Final Inspection View Post
    I did a blue metallic XJL I think it was a 2013-14 and it corrected with a orange pad and Menzerna pf2500.
    Awesome. I have to assume the BRG metallic is around the same hardness. It’s very fine swirls and a couple ‘Love mark’ scratches so I’m confident the g15 with either jescar polish or menz 3800 on a white or orange thinpro will handle it.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Joe Catanzaro
    JCDetails (RI Based Mobile Detailer)
    http://jcdetails.com