autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fresh face, NEW VAN and fun mobile retrofit to start up my NEW old passion as a Mobile Business

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why aren't you "fully open for business" yet? Do you have another job that you're working while trying to do this? I remember both of us setting up our rigs at about the same time. Next to you, I feel like I totally kludged my setup together, but I feel like I've been in business for 10 years already. LOL
    Since you always seem to be so curious about this topic.... asking if i'm 'even out there making money yet?' etc... asking this question above I guess you are persistent on needing some sort of answer that will satisfy your brain.... Let's keep it simple... Firstly I have a different life than you have.... I am 38 years old I'm guessing you are older.... you have a son who was born into your assistant position... I have a 5 year old daughter who can't be my assistant.... actually she is who I am responsible for most of the time. Her mother has a really good gig going on which enables me to build my business in a DIFFERENT way than you are building yours. We aren't all equal.... you are letting me know that you and your son are making $10,000+ dollars a month after only being in business for 9 months....

saying to me 'I feel like I've been in business for 10 years already. LOL'

Well that to me means you guys are making $10,000 + a month just off detailing cars and washes.... IF that IS the case then that is sooooo awesome!!!! You guys are incredible! I don't believe you are though. Maybe the aches and pains are what you were referring to when you said it feels like you've been in business for 10 years already..... now if that's the case I can understand you might feel that way. How old are you anyway suds? 55? I get it.... it's rough on your body. No matter what answer you needed or wanted.... You might be making MORE money than me right now and if that makes you feel great!!! Then I'm glad. I actually live in Orange County, CA though and have a good amount of NestEGG built up.... property and a great jointly combined income between my wife and I. You may have just needed to HURRY your business up so you can pay your bills out there in the desert.. I'm here at the beach and obviously I don't have the stress you might. WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT!

p.s. my curiosity HAD me wondering why you live in the Desert vs. the Beach or some place nicer..... BUT i don't care enough to ask you why so I don't need the answer.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fresh face, NEW VAN and fun mobile retrofit to start up my NEW old passion as a Mobile Business

Quote Originally Posted by gregpack View Post
    I don't offer detailing at my car washes but as a long time business owner I'll tell you that you quickly need to figure out the math or you're ultimately fail. Time is money. You'll get a little faster but no so fast that $25 for a basic wash and vac is going to be anywhere near a decent living. By the time you add in travel time and expenses you're netting half that or less per hour. Some enthusiasts will counter with "I'd rather do this for 12.50 an hour than work in a C-store (or whatever sucky job you can think of)". You'll eventually tire of the business and if you aren't making enough money to stay excited about going to work every day you'll drift off into other things. Do what you have to do price wise in the beginning to gain experience and stay "busy enough", but you probably need to figure close to $50 per contact hour or even more if you hope to make a living as a self employed person.

On youtube, a guy has a channel called detail groove. He's relatively new to the business but makes it work. He talks about pricing philosophy, marketing and SEO. He's a pretty sharp guy. Yeah, he's trying to get you to sign up for his courses for $199 but he still gives lots of great free information in that arena. Check it out when you have time.

Oh, btw, beautiful rig!
    Thanks Greg! Yes I watch detail groove as well for good info on doing the work and business side of things.... It's true the money won't be made from car washes from a mobile detailer, the money needs to be made from washes + the actual paint care NEEDED for all cars. Anyway thanks Greg for the reply and helpful comments

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josher View Post
    Since you always seem to be so curious about this topic.... asking if i'm 'even out there making money yet?' etc... asking this question above I guess you are persistent on needing some sort of answer that will satisfy your brain.... Let's keep it simple... Firstly I have a different life than you have.... I am 38 years old I'm guessing you are older.... you have a son who was born into your assistant position... I have a 5 year old daughter who can't be my assistant.... actually she is who I am responsible for most of the time. Her mother has a really good gig going on which enables me to build my business in a DIFFERENT way than you are building yours. We aren't all equal.... you are letting me know that you and your son are making $10,000+ dollars a month after only being in business for 9 months....

Well that to me means you guys are making $10,000 + a month just off detailing cars and washes.... IF that IS the case then that is sooooo awesome!!!! You guys are incredible! I don't believe you are though. Maybe the aches and pains are what you were referring to when you said it feels like you've been in business for 10 years already..... now if that's the case I can understand you might feel that way. How old are you anyway suds? 55? I get it.... it's rough on your body. No matter what answer you needed or wanted.... You might be making MORE money than me right now and if that makes you feel great!!! Then I'm glad. I actually live in Orange County, CA though and have a good amount of NestEGG built up.... property and a great jointly combined income between my wife and I. You may have just needed to HURRY your business up so you can pay your bills out there in the desert.. I'm here at the beach and obviously I don't have the stress you might. WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT!

p.s. my curiosity HAD me wondering why you live in the Desert vs. the Beach or some place nicer..... BUT i don't care enough to ask you why so I don't need the answer.
    That's a really odd answer, but okay thanks for pointing out that we are all different. Noted. Pay my bills? Out there in the desert? I live in Wine Country Temecula man, like 45 minutes from you. I guess that's out in the desert. LOL

Since you asked, I'm 52 years old, so I'm a little older than you but I'm not old enough to be your father. I do like how you managed to throw a snide comment in there about where I live. Like I don't care, but why don't you live someplace nicer. I mean I would ask but I don't care, but why don't you live someplace nicer. LOL Okay, nice sideways insult. I live here in Wine Country Temecula because we moved here before our first kid was born to be in this school district. Great Oak High School, maybe you've heard of it. We're not "beach" people, we're river people. Wine Country Temecula (which I will keep referring to it that way) is only 3 hours away from Parker and Havasu. And, frankly, not being a beach person, I would never live in that traffic, but that's just my opinion and I don't begrudge anybody that does live there. To each their own, like you said we're all different.

As for my finances, I'm not sure why you felt the need to bring it up, but let me assure you that we SAVE more money every year than the median household income of beautiful Orange County, CA. This may come as a surprise to you seeing as how I live in the desert like a hermit, but I was born in beautiful Orange County, CA (Irvine) and my wife is from beautiful Porter Ranch, CA. Wikipedia calls Porter Ranch an affluent neighborhood. I really don't know, I've never lived in Porter Ranch.

Hey, I will never post to you again. I will never ask or answer a question in regards to you business again. Frankly, I was just so impressed with your rig and the amount of time and attention to detail that you put into it that I thought you were going to go out and take the world by storm over there in Orange County, CA, home of the beach and not the desert.

Post Thanks / Like

Great suds! Have a good one

Post Thanks / Like

Now that I check my emails, I see that there's a whole other set of comments that were deleted. Ah, here they are.

Quote Originally Posted by josher
    I can work the hours of 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. ONLY 2 of the days per week I could work all day. FULLY OPEN for business to me means I can work more hours than 4 per day and 2 of the 7 days out of the week I can do all day. I can't though. If you can, that is awesome! I'm guessing you don't have the same personal life I do... Also my business venture COULD (and probably is) going to be completely different than yours in the end. I can't say my business is NEAR where I want it which to me is a great thing... If you are fully where you wanted to be after only 9 months and it seems like you've been in business for years you must be making $10,000 dollars a month by now.... and that is so awesome! I hope you aren't blowing all that cash at the strip club! :b If you aren't making $5,000 a month on detailing then the whole '10 years already' comment isn't something to boast about. After 10 years in business I sure as hell hope I have figured out how to be making $10,000 per month.... Enjoy all that cash flow as I haven't achieved that in 9 months as you already have!
    So there it is, if you're not making $10k a month you're doing it wrong according to you. You're guessing I don't have the same personal life as you do? Do you have to guess? I mean I've never seen you any place I hang out so that's a pretty safe assumption. I will tell you this, I've already raised my 3 kids. My youngest is almost 17, so have fun.

And while I'm not making $10k a month after the YEAR I've been in business, it's a hell of a lot closer to $10k than it is to $5k. And like I said, we don't spend our cash flow, we save it.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a more dick move post than the one you posted and the one you deleted that I posted above, which anybody subscribed to this thread can see via email.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post

Hey, I will never post to you again. I will never ask or answer a question in regards to you business again.

that's great Suds... even though you are still replying. It might be a better use of your time and mine if you just stick to your word.

Post Thanks / Like

Whoa Suds, dont let your ego get in the way of being truthful. I live in Riverside County too.
    While the houses in Temecula/Murrieta are nice and built well (The Building Dept learned it's lesson after the Moreno Valley disaster.), the traffic's a mess (RivCo planning is joke and never seems to learn.).

And desert?, Yeah. Temecula gets a nice breeze that comes up from San Diego or the ocean(???). But, it's still hot. Not Cochilla or Phoenix hot, but borderline desert hot.

Wine country? Nope, that's in Napa. Temecula: a nice form of wannebe.

Face it though, neither of you lives in San Diego.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    Whoa Suds, dont let your ego get in the way of being truthful. I live in Riverside County too.
    While the houses in Temecula/Murrieta are nice and built well (The Building Dept learned it's lesson after the Moreno Valley disaster.), the traffic's a mess (RivCo planning is joke and never seems to learn.).

And desert?, Yeah. Temecula gets a nice breeze that comes up from San Diego or the ocean(???). But, it's still hot. Not Cochilla or Phoenix hot, but borderline desert hot.

Wine country? Nope, that's in Napa. Temecula: a nice form of wannebe.

Face it though, neither of you lives in San Diego.
    Wow, I can't believe I missed this the first time. You don't have a clue. Traffic? LOL Phoenix? LOL Whatever.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josher View Post

Just to give you an update, because I know you don't care, we did almost $15k in June. The last month we did under $10k was July 2018. Not that you believe me. But, I know you do because I know you check my instagram because I know you ripped off how we do our IG pictures, so you know how much we're doing with full paint corrections, ceramic coatings, boats and coaches all over my page. And my son is not my "assistant", he is a full partner, just so you know the real scoop.

Pay my bills. LOL Hilarious. Truth be told, I haven't spent a dime of what I've made in almost two years. I can take a picture of it if you don't believe me.

Post Thanks / Like

Fresh face, NEW VAN and fun mobile retrofit to start up my NEW old passion as a Mobile Business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes astro liked this post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast