autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claying every time you wax?

Only if it needs it. If I can see contsminents or it feels rough then I will, if it's smooth and looks clean then I don't.

2. Dislikes Tempest45 disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Claying every time you wax?

Quote Originally Posted by DogRescuer View Post
    El thanks but wouldn't the fine grade be safer? What a big price difference wow.
    [/QUOTE]

I've never had this particular clay towel marr paint, I'm on my 2nd one and have used it on countless different vehicles, so I've never experienced anything that would lead me to agree that the fine grade towel is "safer" than this 1.

In certain cases I'd argue that this Auto Scrub Handy Towel is actually safer to use than the fine grade towel... How so? Well what do you think is going to happen when you run into a vehicle that you've agreed to detail and find out the paint is heavily contaminated? There's a good chance you'll be outgunned if all you have available is that fine grade towel.

Trying to clay that paint with an underpowered towel/mitt will result in you having to work longer + apply more pressure in order to get the job done.

And odds are after all that aggressive rubbing on the paint you'll have left a good deal of marring behind. The beauty of this towel is that it's strength is in between fine and medium. Best of both worlds + it's the only towel they offer that's the perfect size to fit your hand [7x7"] without having to fold over [which IMO is just plain sloppy] like the other clay towels. Not to mention it's cheaper to buy. Claying every time you wax? It's seriously a no brainer.

Get a fine grade towel if the only vehicle you're ever going to clay is your own. Get the other 1 if you don't wanna get caught with your pants down someday. Lol. Just use common sense aka good technique when using it and thank me later. Claying every time you wax?

And remember to always use plenty of claylube!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Eldorado, do you know the "grade" of the gray towel?
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DogRescuer View Post
    Thanks Eldorado, do you know the "grade" of the gray towel?
    No, I'm not familiar with a gray towel.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never had this particular clay towel marr paint, I'm on my 2nd one and have used it on countless different vehicles, so I've never experienced anything that would lead me to agree that the fine grade towel is "safer" than this 1.

In certain cases I'd argue that this Auto Scrub Handy Towel is actually safer to use than the fine grade towel... How so? Well what do you think is going to happen when you run into a vehicle that you've agreed to detail and find out the paint is heavily contaminated? There's a good chance you'll be outgunned if all you have available is that fine grade towel.

Trying to clay that paint with an underpowered towel/mitt will result in you having to work longer + apply more pressure in order to get the job done.

And odds are after all that aggressive rubbing on the paint you'll have left a good deal of marring behind. The beauty of this towel is that it's strength is in between fine and medium. Best of both worlds + it's the only towel they offer that's the perfect size to fit your hand [7x7"] without having to fold over [which IMO is just plain sloppy] like the other clay towels. Not to mention it's cheaper to buy. Claying every time you wax? It's seriously a no brainer.

Get a fine grade towel if the only vehicle you're ever going to clay is your own. Get the other 1 if you don't wanna get caught with your pants down someday. Lol. Just use common sense aka good technique when using it and thank me later. Claying every time you wax?

And remember to always use plenty of claylube!

[/QUOTE]

what towel is that...the green one..lol

Post Thanks / Like

Claying every time you wax?

Quote Originally Posted by jmeyers278 View Post

what towel is that...the green one..lol
    I provided the link to it in my previous post. Claying every time you wax?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234