autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for alternative ways to clean floor matts...

If they're really hammered, i'll vac them out, soak down with a high foam shampoo, agitate with a drill brush attachment, and then pressure rinse, repeat as needed. Let them dry out in the sun or vac them if need be.

Specific stains would get degreaser or appropriate cleaning agent prior to the above process. I'll mop
    Joe Catanzaro
    JCDetails (RI Based Mobile Detailer)
    http://jcdetails.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Check out the difference so far...

And I haven’t even touched them yet.Looking for alternative ways to clean floor matts...lol.

Yeah, let me know when you think you've hit miracle like those light tan mats.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for alternative ways to clean floor matts...

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    Yeah, let me know when you think you've hit miracle like those light tan mats.
    I had to leave for the day so I didn’t get a chance to post any of the action pics, but here they are now.

After allowing the Renny Doyle Carpet Bomber dwell for a little while, I 1st hit it with some steam.

Next I scrubbed with the Mothers Upholstery Brush, then hit it with a stream... Straight from the hose of course.Looking for alternative ways to clean floor matts...

Hanging vertically with a clamp worked much better.

Squeegee did great at getting a good amount of water off real quik.

Remember that super dirty little matt on the bottom left? The grime began to run off as soon as I hung it up even before spraying it down. Nasty. Lol.

4. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes MattPersman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Since upgrading with a Mytee Hp60 extractor my new process that takes the least amount of time and does the best job for really bad ones is vac off the loose stuff, spray liberally with super degreaser, agitate with brush head on the flex 3401 until they are slinging foamy goo then hot water extract.
    I still hate the cheap o mats that have almost no worth when new, but if the mat was half decent quality to start with this really brings them back from the dead.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mattarbenz View Post
    Since upgrading with a Mytee Hp60 extractor my new process that takes the least amount of time and does the best job for really bad ones is vac off the loose stuff, spray liberally with super degreaser, agitate with brush head on the flex 3401 until they are slinging foamy goo then hot water extract.
    I still hate the cheap o mats that have almost no worth when new, but if the mat was half decent quality to start with this really brings them back from the dead.

Do you still have to go over it over and over again with the extractor? Or is it super quik?

Post Thanks / Like

Using a squeegee? Why didn't I EVER think about that?

OUTSTANDING idea Eldo!

Bill
    In dog beers, I've only had one.

8. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Do you still have to go over it over and over again with the extractor? Or is it super quik?
    No, I make one slow pass with the standard wand head and they are pretty good to go, I've rubbed them with a white terry towel to make sure and 9 out of 10 times they are good. I also converted a heavy plastic table top that I lean on a wall and squeeze clamp the mats to it so they are pretty much vertical while doing all this, and that helps all the dirt, water, etc drain down and or fall out /off the mat while working on it instead of laying them flat and gravity working against you.

10. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Once you have used the squeegee, how dry is it? Certainly faster than extracting, but how long does it take to dry afterwards?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    What did you use? For not touching them that product looks like some form of magic
    Sorry I hadn’t seen your post till now... The product is Renny Doyles Carpet Bomber @5:1

It’s funny because when I initially tried it I wasn’t impressed at all... But then I ran into some hammered matts and I decided to really spray it on heavy [since I didn’t care about wasting the product at that point + I had plenty of time to allow them to dry] Sprayed it on heavy and gave them a real long time to dwell before scrubbing them, and that’s when I 1st saw it happen. I couldn’t believe how it made the stains & dirt just vanish into thin air.

Now I know why he calls it Carpet Bomber. You really want to ‘bomb’ the carpet with this stuff and let it dwell, I’m talking like 7-10 min. Don’t follow the directions of the official youtube vids for this product [IMO those directions do this product a great disservice because you see the guy ‘spritz’ 2-3 times and let it dwell for just a short time]

After the 1st time getting those results I went on youtube to see if I could find any reviews for it and I found out the ragco. had just posted a video about this Carpet Bomber and low and behold they experienced the same exact results I had and they were in the same shock that I was in about how it seemed to work on its own and they’ve never seen anything quite like that! Lol.Looking for alternative ways to clean floor matts...

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Once you have used the squeegee, how dry is it? Certainly faster than extracting, but how long does it take to dry afterwards?
    Not as dry as you would think... If I had taken my Ridgid vac to them after the squeegee they would’ve been much further close to drying than the squeegee alone.. In this particular case the owner didn’t ‘need’ them back till this weekend, so I wasn’t in a rush for them to dry and just layed them out in the sun the way they were. I didn’t come back to them until after 2 days off them laying out and as expected they were dry.

The best news is that they were perfectly clean which was a nice surprise. I honestly didn’t think they were going to be that clean and I was expecting to have to have to scrub them at least once more before they were Really clean, but surprisingly they were all good and done.

Here’s a pic of the matts completely done.

I wasn’t sure about those carpet lines, so I vacuumed it once more to change the look.

13. Likes GEM65 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All the pics in this thread make me cringe. I absolutely hate doing interior. Especially mats.

WeatherTechs, baby! Lol
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

15. Likes Finick liked this post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast