autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Biggest Pet-Peeves in Detailing?

Wearing bi-focals.

Post Thanks / Like

The phrase “pet peeve”!

For some reason it really annoys me.

3. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    The phrase “pet peeve”!

For some reason it really annoys me.
    Too many P's and E's. Lol
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

5. Likes Mantilgh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Biggest Pet-Peeves in Detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post

And I have to be a little sarcastic here and say there's no way your car would be a she- she wouldn't put up with an ill-matched hood Biggest Pet-Peeves in Detailing?
    Haha. I’ve got 4 miss matched tires as well. But I keep em clean though! Lol.
    But don’t get me wrong, it’s only because my car somewhat qualifies as a beater.. I don’t usually have such sub par standards.

I’ve been thinking about getting into something new lately. Just a couple of days ago I drove by a car lot and this Cadillac caught my eye, so I stopped to get a closer look at it. Now this thing would never get the beater treatment. I practically fell in love at 1st sight.

I called the next day to find out how much they’re asking for it... Unfortunately it’s more than I’m currently looking to spend on my next vehicle.Biggest Pet-Peeves in Detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

When customers act like they know it all

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I hate it when a customer brings me a vehicle with 3 sets of mats... They’ve got the original carpet matts, and because they’re afraid to somehow ruin them, they lay the matts from their previous vehicle [which they sold without matts] on top of them, and for extra added protection they decide to top it all off with some cheap, ugly plastic/rubber matts...

When it’s all said and done all their effort to “save” the carpets from ever getting dirty is an epic fail. The only thing that results is me having to clean 3 layers of carpets! This is Stupid!Biggest Pet-Peeves in Detailing?lol.

Why can’t people just use the brand new matts that came with the car instead of making their car look like crap?

9. Likes Bruno Soares, oneheadlite, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Or get WeatherTech's
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

I always leave the rubber mats in the car. I don't think I've ever put the summer carpet mats in the car. Too lazy to clean them thoroughly all the time.

Pet peeve: I don't know why because I like Nick Rutter but his videos recently have been so awkward when he demonstrates new products. Like guy your posts on here were always quite to the point. But I don't know if there's a script for your videos or something but it sounds so.... poorly rehearsed? Still a great guy to email and ask questions though.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Pet Peeves continued... I’ll probably get flamed for a couple of these things, but I honestly don’t care, and besides I can take a little criticism without being bothered by it.

Here’s a list of things that I’m pretty stuborn about and don’t see myself ever changing when I detail not only on my own cars, but also customers vehicles regardless of what they might prefer, because unless they ask for certain things to be done a specific way, I take it upon myself to make the decision on what the final product should look like.

I have a system, it’s always worked for me, and I don’t change it for nobody. [unless they request]

-Windows: I never roll down the windows in order the wipe the supposed 1/4” line that’s left after bucket washing a vehicle. It’s never been something I’ve noticed and therefore it’s never been something I consider worth doing. Not to mention the thought of having to do that on all 4 windows seems like a big hassle on top of already having to clean the windows last..

-Tires: I’ve never understood the need to move the vehicle forward all of 1-2ft. in order to ensure the tires are completely dressed... Not only do I already have OCD when it comes to unnecessarily starting my car, but I’ve never not once in my life had a problem where I somehow failed to cover the whole tire with dressing. I’ve never left a dry patch on a tire.

-Rusty brake rotors: I don’t give a rats arse about rusty rotors after a wash... If they’ll be clean moments after the vehicle drives off, then why should anyone care? I will never care about this.

-Position of seats: Some youtube detailers advise you to return the seats to the position they were in before you detailed the vehicle, as a way to somehow show courtesy to the customer.
    I say no way, not a chance I do that..

For 1, I’m not going to remember what position the seats were in... And even if I did, I probably wouldn’t get it exactly back to the same position anyways. Instead, I always present the vehicle to the customer with the front seats moved as far back as possible, in order to show as much clean open space in the front cabin, where the driver will be focused on the most.

They can take care of the position once they get in... Most cars have memory seats for the owner to use.

-Extra floormatts: If a customers vehicle has extra floormatts on top of the original matts [as mentioned in my previous post] I will return their vehicle with the proper set of matts in place. I will clean the extra matts, but I’ll place them inside the trunk with hopes they somehow forget about them. [This is only when a full detail has been performed on a vehicle, and not always possible on SUV’s because they don’t have a trunk to hide the extra set of matts]

-Phone Chargers/USB Cords/etc. I remove all cords, chargers, everything.. I hate the way it looks when a bunch of cords are hanging out of open ashtrays inside of vehicles.

If it’s a full detail I’ll remove everything from the door cubbies and pockets and place everything in a plastic bag and leave it inside the trunk. Tissue boxes also get tossed in the trunk. If there’s no place to store the windshield visor and umbrella inside the car, then they also get placed in the trunk.

I think that covers all my Pet Peeves.

13. Likes PaulMys, Jayfro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My car is almost 3.5 years old and not once did I roll down the windows to clean that last 1/4” that tucks in. Maybe because I never open my windows so I don’t see it?

I also never moved the car to ensure the tire is 100% dressed. It gets done often enough that coverage doesn’t seem to be an issue at the bottom. I just use a slim applicator due to low profile tires.

Always use the carpet floor mats that came with the car. Although it would be smart in my area to have weathertech type of mats, I hate the way they look. My wife has them because she’s not careful at all with making sure her and my son’s shoes are clean before getting in. In my car I make them be careful and have in the past made them take the shoes off and put in a bag to avoid getting mud inside my car. The mood is never the same after I do that but it’s better than me getting angry. Obviously no food or drinks in my car either.
    Bruno Soares

15. Likes PaulMys, Eldorado2k liked this post
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast