autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 45 of 59 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sealant comparison

I think I heard they use those color to when kids bathing in bath tubs. Would be testing with a weak solution or maybe your soap dispenser could dilute it enough. Think those dilute it 1:20.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow that’s a lot of pages. I’ve read about 20 of them. Is there a verdict for best paint sealant?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Also awesome job on all this testing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jmmtjoy View Post
    Wow that’s a lot of pages. I’ve read about 20 of them. Is there a verdict for best paint sealant?
    He has done spread sheets that is linked in his signature.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome thank you

6. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great job, Rippy...thanks for all the effort you put into this.

I have a question regarding Duragloss PBA (Polish Bonding Agent). Is this a product that can be used ONLY in conjunction with Duragloss products, or can this be used with other waxes and sealants as well? And if so, are there any boundaries or guidelines as to what it will NOT work with? Thanks

8. Likes pwoptima liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tested both cars yesterday. I waited a little too long to test these. Some products will have later end dates than they should.

Rover (Video)
    • DG 104 and CanCoat doing very well. Almost no slowing.
    • OptiSeal still working. About 15 seconds slower than the other two.

Sentra Passenger Side
    • Everything is done

Sentra Driver's side:
    • Opt Spray wax is barely working
    • Everything else is done
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

10. Likes SWETM, spazzz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jmmtjoy View Post
    Just realized I had not replied this. SWETM directed you to the spreadsheet. That's the best way to see the results. I have long-winded response in here somewhere about what is "best." It's really a matter of preference. Most of the products I've tested are quite good. A few don't last long, and some seem very over-priced to me.

For long-lasting and easy to apply, Sonax PNS is hard to beat. The past waxes I've tested seem to hold up well also. If you like to apply a sealant more frequently, one of the spray waxes may be better suited. My preference is to use PNS over the winter and use a spray wax or Quick Detailer during the summer. A freshly applied spray seems to make the paint really pop. If I'm washing every week or so it's easy to use a spray sealant as a drying aid and get that great shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Fan View Post
    Great job, Rippy...thanks for all the effort you put into this.

I have a question regarding Duragloss PBA (Polish Bonding Agent). Is this a product that can be used ONLY in conjunction with Duragloss products, or can this be used with other waxes and sealants as well? And if so, are there any boundaries or guidelines as to what it will NOT work with? Thanks
    Per DG, yes it can be used with other products. I'm guessing it would work with any polymer based sealant. Would be good to do some side-by-side testing with and without it to see if it helps with longevity. I like using it with DG products because it takes the cure time down to almost nothing. I can get 2 coats of DG 111 applied with no wait time between them. (Although I'm using PNS more than other sealants now.)
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

12. Thanks pwoptima thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, Sports Fan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rover video is blocked for me.

Did you ever score the 2 Essence, gloss and plus?

Be cool to see the plus durability and Essence gloss with some sealant like PNS on it. Or would that be cheating?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
    Rover video is blocked for me.

Did you ever score the 2 Essence, gloss and plus?

Be cool to see the plus durability and Essence gloss with some sealant like PNS on it. Or would that be cheating?
    Think that cruzcarwash use the Essence PNS combo. Even use the PNS to help with the wipe off of Essence IIRC.

If used in testing it could be cheating. On the other hand Essence is not so hydrophobic on it's own what I have heard at least. I will use Essence and a titanium based sealant this spring. And maybe as a base to Polish Angel Master Sealant. The last one I'm not sure about yet. As I really looking forward to see how PA Esclate Lotion and Master Sealant combo is looking on my silver metallic car. Which is known for being a paint color that is hard to get popping looks on. It's gotten harder to get a hold of PNS here in Sweden. Sonax has a line called Extreme which is the line under the Profiline and over the general one. The sealant in that line I think is PNS but called Sonax Protect + Shine. Comes in a kit with product and applicator and towel. Have been wondering about why they are not offering the Extreme line in the US. You have some products from it though like wheel cleaner plus and interior cleaner and the wheel sealant.

RippyD which is the most durable spray wax or QD product that you have been testing?

Page 45 of 59 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast