autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 39 of 59 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sealant comparison

Good stuff my friend. Definitely opens some eyes towards that DG931. I love easy and long lasting especially when it’s that inexpensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

So after all these washes PNS is still going strong? Or the water just lays flat? Not sure from the pic and don't see any reference to it in your threads
    Quote Originally Posted by gregpack View Post
    Ok, Roughly two weeks, several rains, and five washes in:

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Rippy your messages are full

Quote Originally Posted by RippyD View Post
    If this stuff needs to be heat activated it's not going to do well in my testing. I did a fast application with a Megs yellow foam applicator. It took a while to dry if that's any indication.

No idea. If I see some on the Samples thread I'll offer a trade. Four test spots are opening up on the Sentra hood. I have some other short-term products to try there, but those should be done in 1-3 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ochnob View Post
    I’m really liking the DG 931 as a Rinseless and a quick detailer. RippyD has 931 as a QD lasting average of 10.2 weeks. Which is better than 99% of the QD’s in the sample. Gregpack is showing that it will resist alkaline cleaners. Added bonus. Couple those results with the fact that it is cheaper than anything out there by far. Credit to RippyD’s chart, the DG931 is $.06 per oz. at a 1:5.33oz. dilution. I only use 2 ounces 16oz. so I am at $.04 for a bottle of QD. That’s utterly rediculous. That is the cheapest QD on the market, it lasts longer, and is slicker than most. That makes me almost giddy everytime I use it.

I want to personally thank Rippy D and others for making this the most informative thread ever put on this forum. They have helped me make some great decisions and stop chasing the next new thing.

I also think AG should have a “Rippy D Sale” of all the best performing products in this test!
    How does the DG931 perform as a clay lube?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    So after all these washes PNS is still going strong? Or the water just lays flat? Not sure from the pic and don't see any reference to it in your threads

This is the second round of testing, the PNS has been removed. See post #373 Sorry for the confusion

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh ok, thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by gregpack View Post
    This is the second round of testing, the PNS has been removed. Sorry for the confusion

Post Thanks / Like

How does 931 do as a drying aid? Does it dry up well or smear a lot and need lots of wiping?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ochnob View Post
    I’m really liking the DG 931 as a Rinseless and a quick detailer. RippyD has 931 as a QD lasting average of 10.2 weeks. Which is better than 99% of the QD’s in the sample. Gregpack is showing that it will resist alkaline cleaners. Added bonus. Couple those results with the fact that it is cheaper than anything out there by far. Credit to RippyD’s chart, the DG931 is $.06 per oz. at a 1:5.33oz. dilution. I only use 2 ounces 16oz. so I am at $.04 for a bottle of QD. That’s utterly rediculous. That is the cheapest QD on the market, it lasts longer, and is slicker than most. That makes me almost giddy everytime I use it.

I want to personally thank Rippy D and others for making this the most informative thread ever put on this forum. They have helped me make some great decisions and stop chasing the next new thing.

I also think AG should have a “Rippy D Sale” of all the best performing products in this test!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    How does the DG931 perform as a clay lube?
    Sorry DLC. I haven’t tried as a clay lube. I have ONR and 914 that u sue for that. Mainly the 914.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

9. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    How does 931 do as a drying aid? Does it dry up well or smear a lot and need lots of wiping?

I like it as a drying aid. I did have a bit of smearing one time on windows but it wiped right off. On paint it wipes really well at 2 oz. per 16 oz bottle. Not to lead anyone astray, the question I do have is how it will perform mid summer on windows. That will be the real test. I have only used it in the fall here in NC. Not drastic temps.

On a side note, RippyD now has it going a full 4 months in his test for beading water. That’s ridiculous for the cost of 64 cents per 16oz bottle of QD. I may use 931 for paint and my remaining gallons of P&S Beadmaker or McKee’s extender spray wax for windows if 931 does in fact streak. Both work great on windows.

I have tested it side by side on a hood vs Bead maker and the beads were identical. Both produce larger beading than ceramic as would be expected. Beadmaker was slicker but only by a tiny, tiny margin. Maybe I will have to recreate that test and take pics for you guys.

I’m not a detailer. But if I was, DG931 would certainly be in my arsenal for a final wipe-down. Results may vary depending where you are in the country but I would not hesitate telling anyone to pick up the small bottle of 931 to test. Really good lubricity for a Rinseless and a crazy cheap QD that is slick as heck and can last 2-4 months by itself. There is a detailer online who uses DG931 and another brand (GD) mixed together to do high end cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

The Duragloss rinseless as a detailer is hard to beat,and the same way as a rinseless. Amazing product for the money.

The durability is pretty awesome. I haven't got it to last as long as some have on the paint,but on the outside glass it will last forever it seems.

I always like to try new stuff,but I could use the DG rinseless and be perfectly happy with the looks,slickness,and durability esepecially for the low price.

12. Thanks Ochnob thanked for this post
Page 39 of 59 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast