autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Q2 pure evo Coating

I applied pure evo coating last friday on my audi. I like the look of the coating , easy to apply, love the working time , I was actually able to level one section after finishing the coating , thats how long you have to work with it.

My question is , the website says to wait 14 days to wash with any strong detergent. Esoteric says 7 to 14 days. Can I wash my car after 7 days with a sometime of weak detergent, if that is correct which one would you recommend?. At the moment I have car pro reset ( which I assume is strong) and optimum car wash. My car is black so its going to get pretty dirty soon , and I would like to top the coating with cancoat evo, I should ve done it within the hour after pure evo application but I literally finished the job at 9 pm after doing a 2 step correction and the car was left parked inside the garage for the whole night but when I went to do the can coat coating early next morning I saw some fine dust already on the car so I decided not to apply cancoat , wait until the next car wash to make sure I dont put swirls on the paint

any help is much appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Q2 pure evo Coating

You can use either one of those after 7 days.

3. Thanks rick100 thanked for this post
    Likes BudgetPlan1, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Follow the manufacturers instructions for optimal results. The cure process is key to proper adhesion and longevity.

As hard as it may be to refrain from washing your car for 2 weeks, its OKAY that your car gets a little dirty. Its not the end of the world. Your coating won't get damaged or ruined.

Wait it out, then wash your car.

I also don't see the need to top the coating with cancoat. That is overkill (and waste of time) and I doubt will add any additional benefit to a freshly applied coating. Maybe 9-12 months, then refresh with cancoat.

5. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Rick, what exactly do you mean by level it out after the coatingQ2 pure evo Coating

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    You can use either one of those after 7 days.
    This.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    Follow the manufacturers instructions for optimal results. The cure process is key to proper adhesion and longevity.

As hard as it may be to refrain from washing your car for 2 weeks, its OKAY that your car gets a little dirty. Its not the end of the world. Your coating won't get damaged or ruined.

Wait it out, then wash your car.

I also don't see the need to top the coating with cancoat. That is overkill (and waste of time) and I doubt will add any additional benefit to a freshly applied coating. Maybe 9-12 months, then refresh with cancoat.
    The reason i want to apply cancoat is that i want some of the slickness . I know mohs would give me that but i like the candy look of pure

9. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Hey Rick, what exactly do you mean by level it out after the coatingQ2 pure evo Coating

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    After i finished the jòb . I took the car outside of the garage to see if i had any high spots. There was one in the front door . I was able to level it out by rubbing it with my microfiber towel. It took a bit of work but i did not have to polish it out to redo it

11. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m sure your coating will be cured and be able to wash in 7 days but would it really hurt you to wait another 7 days for the chance the coating would perform better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed this after I applied Pure Evo as well. They give you a timeframe for not washing with ‘strong’ detergents but not for our usual maintenance washes. I think you can infer that it would be 7 days like most coatings, but it would have been nice to have it in the instruction manual.

I waited 14 days as my car barely left the garage in this time.

14. Likes rick100 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I’m sure your coating will be cured and be able to wash in 7 days but would it really hurt you to wait another 7 days for the chance the coating would perform better?

There is a few problems. It rains quite a lot during this time and its also very sunny and hot some days. So water spotting is a concern. I also get bird crap around my area. If i see it i ll clean it but sometimes its barely there so i wont see it for a while. Lastly i have friends coming over this week and i like to show off the car a little bit.

16. Likes Klasse Act, opie, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast