autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sealant comparison

^^It's been deconned: IronX'd, clayed, compound, polished, and prepped with Gyeon. I usually use a solvent. Will move to a designed prep polish going forward.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

Had a week of mostly sunny weather. I washed with N-914 then hosed it off. My subjective observations:

• Water flying off: Collinite, FK 1000, Track Claw, DG 111, and Sonax PNS
    • Moving fairly quickly: DG 105
    • Slower, but working: Optiseal, Paintguard+, Sonus Ion, WG DGS
    • Barely working: Mystery sealant
    • Water not moving: Griot's One Step, Sonus Acrylic Glanz

The top group still doing well. Beading on Collinite is much different than the others - no judgement, just an observation. Sonus Acrylic Glanz is barely working, I'm calling it done. Mystery sealant appears to be almost done. Working a consolidated scorecard.

Please keep in mind that conditions vary widely. At best I'm measuring relative performance between these products. In a different environment longevity would almost certainly be different.

3. Thanks mwoywod thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dang, I'm REALLY disappointed in the Griot's One-Step-Sealant Sealant comparison

I was really hoping for better, that's odd that it failed so insanely fast!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VETLAG View Post
    Dang, I'm REALLY disappointed in the Griot's One-Step-Sealant Sealant comparison

I was really hoping for better, that's odd that it failed so insanely fast!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    So with my environment where I live in the desert I find out all the claims pretty much don't exist here that's why I love seeing these tests because we can get a better idea of how the environments that these parts are used in greatly very the outcome of the longevity of them so how the Price Slasher the desert for me compared to how they last in wet environments like that

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RippyD View Post
    Had a week of mostly sunny weather. I washed with N-914 then hosed it off. My subjective observations:

• Water flying off: Collinite, FK 1000, Track Claw, DG 111, and Sonax PNS
    • Moving fairly quickly: DG 105
    • Slower, but working: Optiseal, Paintguard+, Sonus Ion, WG DGS
    • Barely working: Mystery sealant
    • Water not moving: Griot's One Step, Sonus Acrylic Glanz

The top group still doing well. Beading on Collinite is much different than the others - no judgement, just an observation. Sonus Acrylic Glanz is barely working, I'm calling it done. Mystery sealant appears to be almost done. Working a consolidated scorecard.

Please keep in mind that conditions vary widely. At best I'm measuring relative performance between these products. In a different environment longevity would almost certainly be different.

DG111 is my #1 durable sealant. With 601 It's turbo boosted! The gloss and slicknessis incredible, as is the durability/longevity.

I've been using 501 for one steps, and It's been getting rave reviews from my customers. Not only does it cut and clean well, but the finish and durability is better than the M66 I had been using.

I've been also using some D166 that Meghan sent me, but that sour apple scent make me want to puke! It works well cleaning up the paint, but I have to wait and see about durability.

So far, I want to give 501 the nod for that application. I still need to try it with cutting foam and Microfiber pads too. So far, I use it with black Buff and Shine finishing pads. On nicer vehicles, I'll use the 101. Polished/newer will get the 111.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    DG111 is my #1 durable sealant. With 601 It's turbo boosted! The gloss and slicknessis incredible, as is the durability/longevity.

I've been using 501 for one steps, and It's been getting rave reviews from my customers. Not only does it cut and clean well, but the finish and durability is better than the M66 I had been using.

I've been also using some D166 that Meghan sent me, but that sour apple scent make me want to puke! It works well cleaning up the paint, but I have to wait and see about durability.

So far, I want to give 501 the nod for that application. I still need to try it with cutting foam and Microfiber pads too. So far, I use it with black Buff and Shine finishing pads. On nicer vehicles, I'll use the 101. Polished/newer will get the 111.
    Have u tried Meg's 151?? It's much better then 66 and is the middle ground between 66 and 166

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    Have u tried Meg's 151?? It's much better then 66 and is the middle ground between 66 and 166

I haven't yet. When the gallon of M66 is gone, I'll try it then. From what I gather, it won't hold up as long as the 501.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    I haven't yet. When the gallon of M66 is gone, I'll try it then. From what I gather, it won't hold up as long as the 501.
    It doesn't last to long

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VETLAG View Post
    Me too. But... I applied it by hand. It seems to be more of an AIO than a straight sealant. If I recall Cruz seemed have pretty short durability with it as an AIO as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    So with my environment where I live in the desert I find out all the claims pretty much don't exist here
    Same here. Sitting out in rain 95% of the time for 7 months is different from a garage queen that goes out in mostly dry weather. And I'm washing these sealants weekly.

I may re-test some of these once I get through the rest to see how the consistency is across 2 applications. I'm pulling for the wipe-on-walk-away sealants because I like the application process so much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RippyD View Post
    Me too. But... I applied it by hand. It seems to be more of an AIO than a straight sealant. If I recall Cruz seemed have pretty short durability with it as an AIO as well.
    Cruz actually tested Griot's BOSS Sealant and the longevity was terrible. However, with that said, One-Step-Sealant appears to be even worse!!! Lol. Griot's had told me that the One-Step-Sealant would last much longer than the BOSS Sealant, but that doesn't appear to be the case in your test.

I used One-Step-Sealant on my truck and it's still beading great, however it gets washed weekly & I use Griot's Spray Wax as a drying aid. I'm guessing it's actually the spray wax giving me the beading action Sealant comparison

Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast